We Welcome Happy #happyistheplacetobe
We have a great opportunity for a Chef De Partie to join the group at Jurys Inn.
We are recruiting for a Chef de Partie to join our great team. We are looking for an enthusiastic, genuine and friendly person who really enjoys working in hotels and wants to provide great hospitality to our guests, contributing to them having a Happy stay with us.
Experience we are looking for -
- To have worked in a hotel kitchen or branded restaurant chain as a commis chef.
- To be able to follow standards and to have good organisational skills.
- To be able to make decisions in a fast paced environment and to enjoy it
- To be able to communicate well to the kitchen and Restaurant team.
- Flexibility- to enjoy working different shift patterns and seeing the operation on different days of the week including the weekends as well as mornings, or evenings (no split shifts here)
- Follow Food hygiene standards
- Produce menu items following the menu standards producing a consistent product.
- Be knowledgeable of the day’s business, i.e. know what reservations are booked in to the Food & Beverage outlets, be aware of outside events that will impact directly on business, etc.
- Be familiar with the menu
- Ensure all dishes are prepared in a timely fashion.
- Ensure all dishes leaving the kitchen/buffet are prepared to the approved standard of presentation.
- Avoid unnecessary wastage, to observe proper portion planning and control and to act in a cost effective, responsible manner.
- Ensure excellent food hygiene practice is observed in the entire food chain from storage through to preparation and service.
- Contribute to keeping the kitchen and storage areas clean and tidy.
- Ensure HACCP compliance within the kitchen and all Food & Beverage outlets.
- Ensure the kitchen equipment is in working order; report any maintenance issues to your manager
Why come and work for us
to receive practical training, development and progression within a dynamic and rapidly expanding company. If you want a career in Hospitality then look no further, we have great programs to support your development towards a long and successful career.
Some of the great benefits of working for us include:
- Varied and interesting work- no day is the same at Jurys Inn
- Flexible working hours- shift working is what we do but not split shifts - we want you to have a work-life balance too
- Having the chance to work with and around friendly people - we have a great culture with employee satisfaction at 83.3% (2016 result)
- Birthday cards every year- we celebrate everything
- The opportunity to work for a well respected brand where people development is at the heart of our culture
- Lots of locations in the UK and Ireland which mean that if you want to develop or just fancy a change of scene, we can help you to move and provide relocation support
- A smart Uniform
- Meals on duty
- Monthly engagement activities- we like to have fun while working hard
- Annual Charity Event Day- we help and support our communities
- So many training courses that your brain may not be able to squeeze them all in
- Employee of the month earning you a little bonus and fame for the month.
- Happy Rewards - earn points and claim them back on gifts that you want
- Stay at one of our hotels for a hugely discounted rate and get a reduced rate for friends and family if they want to stay too.
- 28 days holiday entitlement including bank holidays, increasing with service to a maximum of 33 days
- Sensible benefits that could save you money -Pension Scheme, Life assurance, wellbeing support, wedding leave, childcare vouchers, Christmas savings scheme, etc