Our chefs ensure the polished and professional delivery of food operations to the required standards in the hotel on a daily basis by inspiring and enabling the team and leading by example.
Key responsibilities include:
- Correct portion control and amount of "mise en place" are prepared and set up for service
- Food is prepared and cooked to agreed standards
- Assist with maintaining regular stock taking, rotation and daily checks on food products in stock
- Prepped items are labelled and stored correctly
- Daily cleaning tasks
- Learning about and using the best produce
- Commitment to our food philosophy
We would like a Chef de Partie to have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in similar size establishment, NVQ level 2, basic food hygiene certificate, knowledge and understanding of international cookery.
We would like a Commis to have an understanding of food hygiene legislation and recent experience in a professional kitchen would be an advantage but not necessary.
Characteristics that fit well in our brigade are being cheerful, self-aware, reliable, articulate and caring. You must be willing to learn, are self-motivated and work in a clean and tidy manner. You will be passionate about food with a desire to use quality and locally produced ingredients.
- £7.92-£9.35 per hour
- Permanent contract for 45 hours per week
- Free meals whilst on duty
- Hotel tips
- Free/minimal charge to use certain facilities in the hotel
- Free experience of our restaurant and rooms
- Cash back scheme for wellbeing
- Additional perks for long service
Wish you were here? Please use the "apply" link to submit your CV and answer the qualifying questions. You will need to confirm that you are eligible to live and work in the U.K. Direct applications only.
Closing Date is Sunday 31 March 2018
As one team we take responsibility for reducing the negative impacts our actions and activities have on the environment and our local community; something we feel is right and is our way of life.
- Basic Food
- Food Hygiene
- Stock Taking
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job