Chef de Partie
Location: Chipping Norton, OX7 5UE
This is a full time position working 45 hours over a 5 day period, including working on weekends and bank holiday. The shift pattern is early, mid and late shifts.
About the company:
Set in 440 acres of stunning Oxfordshire countryside with two individual hotels. The two hotels provide over 350 bedrooms, state-of-the-art meeting facilities for up to 800 delegates plus 4 bars and 4 restaurants. Also located at the Resort is an 18 hole championship standard golf course and a Health Club with spa treatment rooms.
They are looking for an experienced and talented Chef de Partie who would like to join their Brigade in a very busy kitchen.
For Conference & Banqueting they can cater for up to 800 delegates. In their a la carte Restaurant they cater for up to 300, in their Brassey Bar for up to 150 and for breakfast for up to 500 guests.
You need to be friendly and professional at all times, need to demonstrate that you are flexible and organised and be able to work under pressure.
Duties of the Chef de Partie:
- Preparing, cooking and presenting dishes within your section
- Managing and training any Demi-Chefs or Commis working with you
- Helping the Sous Chef and Head Chef to develop new dishes and menus
- Ensuring you and your team have high standards of food hygiene and follow the rules of health and safety at all times
- Monitoring portion and waste control to maintain profit margins
- To develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with the rest of the team and other colleagues
- To report equipment faults and defects.
Requirements of the Chef de Partie:
- Previous experience working in a 4* hotel with multi outlets is essential
- Any qualifications in Professional Cookery would be beneficial
- Great cooking skills
- A cool head
- An ability to delegate appropriately
- Organizational flair
- A grasp of profit margins
- The resort is not connected to public transportation therefore candidates need to have their own transport.
Chef de Partie Benefits:
- 28 days holiday per annum (increasing to 29 days after 1 year continuous service and 30 days after 2 years continuous service)
- meals whilst on duty
- IHG membership
- Staff accommodation might be available on a subsidised basis.
If you have the necessary skills and experience for this Chef de Partie role please apply with your CV together with a Covering Letter today!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job