REPORTS TO: Head Chef / Sous Chef
The Client is a destination health spa chain with resorts and day spas located in the English counties of Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire, Leicestershire and Hampshire.
Responsible for ensuring all food is prepared to the highest standard and providing a fine dining experience to their guests whilst developing the skills of the team and assisting in staff development.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To offer a personal service to all Guests and club members that is in keeping with the resort To work in conjunction with the service staff to ensure a high level of service is received by the guest.
- Maintaining clear communication between the Kitchen and all other Departments.
- The preparation and presentation of the breakfast and lunch buffets ensuring it is adequately stocked and well presented for the duration of the services.
- The preparation and presentation of the café and dinner menus ensuring that all items are reasonably stocked and available.
- Maintain & improve standard of service and operating standards, ensuring maximum guest satisfaction. Through a hands on approach, maintain & improve standard of product, introducing more variety of menus.
- Training of team members on section, delegation of tasks to commis and demi chefs - to motivate, coach and team build Control departmental food cost expenditure and to minimize food wastage.
- Assist other Chefs when necessary and help each other to remain motivated and focused.
- To take responsibility and assist the Sous Chef in the absence of the Head Chef Responsible for the cleanliness, stock control, organization and standards of the section.
- Ensuring hygiene standards of the kitchen are maintained.
- Attend and contribute to any meetings as required.
- Ordering on a daily basis, whilst keeping in mind stock usage, menu planning and business levels and updating the Head Chef on current stock levels.
- To gain a working knowledge of the Companies healthy eating philosophy and ensure staff are trained and philosophy is implemented in department.
- To be fully aware of the Companies Food Safety Policy and to implement and monitor all Health and Safety hygiene practices and procedures including temperature checks.
- Attend training courses as required and ensure staff in the department attend.
- To work towards the aims of the Kitchen, Resort.
- To be fully conversant with the Resort’s emergency procedures.
- Ensures that health and safety standards are maintained in the kitchen and action/report any hazards as necessary.
- Comply and with all Company Policy and Procedures Complete any other reasonable duties as requested by the Senior Management Team.
- PERSON SPECIFICATION
- NVQ 1/2 Food hygiene certificate level 2 - preferred but not essential as training can be given.
- Experience of working to the level of chef de Partie Previous experience of working in a high quality establishment.
- Experience of working with covers of 100+
- Experience of working with strict Health and Hygiene regimes
- Experience of ordering and stock control
- Developing staff and passing on knowledge and skills
- Skills Able to work within a team environment and to communicate effectively with all members of the team. Able to follow detailed instructions and to produce consistent results.
- Able to provide work of a high standard to specified deadlines and timescales - to execute duties with an eye for detail.
- Motivational skills to motivate others
- Excellent organisational skills
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong customer care
- Knowledge and Understanding
- Good understanding of all applicable Health & Safety legislation Stock control
- Nutritional and Allergy requirements
- Full understanding of food controls Other requirements Ideally live within reasonable commuting distance A passion for good food and service An enthusiasm for the role and for the hospitality and leisure industry in general. Flexibility to work shifts including evenings, weekends and public holidays subject to rota and a willingness to extend of change hours and days of work from time to time upon request and subject to operational requirements.
- We offer industry competitive salaries and an attractive benefits package,
- which includes: Contracted 28 days / shifts annual holiday including bank holidays, which increases with service. Generous staff discount in the Resorts boutique and retail offer.
- Employee and family member discount for mid-week residential breaks at the resorts.
- Complimentary staff spa facility day on successful completion of probationary period.
- Subsidised meals whilst on duty.
- Discounted Resort Club Membership.
- Childcare voucher scheme.
- Participation in Wider Wallet shopping discount scheme.
- Option to join private healthcare scheme.
- Training and development opportunities.
- Some restrictions or variations may apply depending on resort, role and length of service.
- Our benefits package is subject to review from time to time.
- Leisure Industry
- Positive Team Player
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job