Chef de Partie - Rick Stein Porthleven
Chefs de Partie play an integral part in the running of our professional kitchens. At the Rick Stein Group you are encouraged to learn and grow your skills and have the opportunity to experience different styles of food and kitchen environments across our restaurants.
We are looking for a passionate chef who will support the kitchen with the running of your section and acting as a role model for the kitchen team. You will share our love for the industry and have an eye for detail.
With fantastic harbour views, our restaurant in Porthleven offers sharing boards of local and seasonal produce all inspired by Rick’s travels as well as mains such as Singapore chilli crab, fresh fish and rib eye steak.
We’re passionate about working with fresh ingredients and developing our people to be the best that they can be. You will have many opportunities to develop your skills and we will give you all of the guidance that you need. We take pride in delivering exceptional service to our customers since our first restaurant, The Seafood Restaurant, was opened in Padstow in 1975.
The benefits you’ll receive as Chef de Partie:
- A share of tips for restaurant, kitchen, reservations and housekeeping teams
- 20% discount in our shops and restaurants
- A complimentary meal for yourself and a guest in one of our restaurants each year after your first six months
- Preferential rates for friends and family at our cookery school
- A reward when you recommend a friend to work with us
- Rewards as part of our recognition scheme which range from a bottle of wine to a prize worth up to £250
- Full-time and part-time opportunities to suit your circumstances
- The opportunity to join a childcare voucher scheme (until April 2018)
- The opportunity to work overtime on top of your normal working hours
- Access to our employee assistance programme provided by leading charity Hospitality Action
- Team events with the opportunity to meet Rick Stein and Jill Stein
Your responsibilities as Chef de Partie:
- Confidently running a section within the kitchen
- Developing your knowledge and skills within the kitchen
- Supervising the kitchen team and acting as a role model
- Taking an active role in keeping stock loss/wastage to a minimum
- Accurately dating and labelling all produce in your section and rotating to ensure minimal wastage
- Helping to ensure the security of stock at all times
If this sounds like the next step in your career as a Chef de Partie, we’d love to hear from you!
Click the apply button to submit your application.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job