Chef de Partie - Oxford University - £18-22K
The overall purpose of the role is to assist the Head Chef in providing a consistently high standard of quality food for customers. When on duty, in the absence of a more senior chef, you will be expected to oversee the operation of the kitchen ensuring food is prepared to the correct high standard.
The catering operation takes place on two sites. Breakfast and lunch is served on a daily basis. Dinner is served on average three times per week, depending on business requirements.
- Prepare food (hot and cold food for breakfast, lunch and dinner, with the addition of buffets, barbeques and canapés) ensuring that it is of a consistently high standard of quality for the Department’s customers.
- Monitor food deliveries, checking the quality of food products delivered and reporting any discrepancies to the Department and supplier.
- Ensure the prompt service of all meals and services, at the required times, to the clients’ standards and satisfaction.
- Work in all areas/sections of the kitchen to develop a good working knowledge of each.
- Maintain own excellent standards.
The successful candidate will:
- be able to operate to good operational standards;
- have good communication skills (both written and verbal);
- have excellent customer service skills;
- have a flexible approach to working hours, with weekend and evening availability;
- be able to set a good example to more junior staff;
- be dependable and punctual.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send me your CV to apply.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'