Here at ESS – part of the Compass Group family – we are market leaders in the provision of catering, retail, leisure and support services in the Defence, Government & Offshore sector. This allows us to work in some of the most historic and iconic locations across the British Isles.
The barracks were used initially as an American military hospital during the Second World War and became the home of Royal School of Military Survey in 1949. The barracks were named after General Sir William Denison, a prominent Royal Engineer.
We are looking for Chef De Partie, to come and join the ESS team at the Maindy barracks.Main responsibilities
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Preparing, cooking and presenting dishes within your speciality
- Managing and training any demi-chef de parties or commis working with you
- Helping the head chef and Catering Manager to develop new dishes and menus
- Ensuring you and your team have high standards of food hygiene and follow the rules of health and safety
This will be a fast paced and challenging role, and ideally you will need o have the following if you want to join our team:
- A real Passion for food
- Enthusiastic, willing to learn new skills
- Team player
- Determination to deliver great result
- Plus a NVQ Level 1/2 in food preparation and cooking or equivalent
- A good communicator, able to liaise confidently with customers and engage/develop team members
- A positive attitude and committed to high levels of customer care
- Basic Food Hygiene/level 2
Our Company vision is Great People, Great Service, Great Results and we believe your contribution is crucial to the success of the business. To achieve our vision we live by the values of Integrity, Team work, Passion, Can-Do and Responsibility.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job