Champneys is a destination health spa chain with resorts and day spas located in the English counties of Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire, Leicestershire, Hampshire and Kent
Responsible for ensuring all food is prepared to the highest standard and providing a fine dining experience to Champneys guests whilst developing the skills of the team and assisting in staff development.
JOB DESCRIPTION AVILABLE UPON REQUEST
Food hygiene certificate level 2 - preferred but not essential as training can be given.
Experience of working to the level of chef de Partie
Previous experience of working in a high quality establishment
Experience of working with covers of 100+
Experience of working with strict Health and Hygiene regimes
Experience of ordering and stock control
- Developing staff and passing on knowledge and skills
Able to work within a team environment and to communicate effectively with all members of the team.
Able to follow detailed instructions and to produce consistent results
Able to provide work of a high standard to specified deadlines and timescales - to execute duties with an eye for detail
Motivational skills to motivate others
Excellent organisational skills
Effective communication and interpersonal skills
Strong customer care
Knowledge and Understanding
- Good understanding of all applicable Health & Safety legislation
- Stock control
- Nutritional and Allergy requirements
- Full understanding of food controls
- Ideally live within reasonable commuting distance
- A passion for good food and serviceAn enthusiasm for the role and for the hospitality and leisure industry in general.
- Flexibility to work shifts including evenings, weekends and public holidays subject to rota and a willingness to extend of change hours and days of work from time to time upon request and subject to operational requirements.
We offer industry competitive salaries and an attractive benefits package, which includes:
Contracted 28 days / shifts annual holiday including bank holidays, which increases with service.
Generous staff discount in the Champney’s boutique and retail offer.
Employee and family member discount for mid-week residential breaks at Champneys resorts.
Complimentary staff spa facility day on successful completion of probationary period.
Subsidised meals whilst on duty.
Discounted Champneys Club Membership.
Childcare voucher scheme.
Participation in Wider Wallet shopping discount scheme.
- Fine Dining
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job