Chef & Catering Tutor
Location: Minehead, Somerset
Salary: £18,387 –£24,814 per annum (48.11 weeks per year) (full time equivalent – £19,874 – £26,820 per annum)
Hours: Full time (48.11 weeks per year) * shift pattern detailed below. 40 hours per week
We’re currently looking for a Chef & Catering Tutor in Minehead where our Foxes Academy operates the UK’s only fully operating training hotel for young people with learning disabilities.
Foxes is a very special place. We believe in changing lives and giving our students the skills, knowledge and confidence to successfully shape their own futures. Our mission is to equip young adults with learning disabilities to find sustainable employment in the hospitality sector and to live independently.
Open to both our hotel guests and the general public, our restaurant offers breakfast, lunch and dinner service where we use fresh, locally sourced produce wherever possible for all our meals.
Our food is prepared by our students and is served in our restaurant and cosy bar by our students; with the aim of providing the highest levels of service to our guests.
As our Chef & Catering Tutor; your role will be to provide training to the required level that enables our students to learn and enables our hotel to deliver a fantastic restaurant experience.
As a Tutor we expect you to plan, prepare, deliver and evaluate inspiring, engaging and individualised sessions of the highest quality that challenge and stretch all our students to become.
As an experienced Chef you will be expected to take a key role (supported by your students) in the planning of menus, food ordering, prep, cooking and serving; through to cleaning, kitchen safety and security.
The successful candidate is likely to have experience in catering for large numbers in professional kitchen/restaurant environment along with the ability to pass on your knowledge through patient training, mentoring, and development of our students whilst accurately evaluating and recording their progress.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in an amazing place with amazing people where your experience changes lives.
Successful candidates are likely to demonstrate:
- Experience as a creative Chef with the ability to manage a large number of high quality covers.
- Chef/catering qualifications (desirable – we’ll assist you in achieving qualifications if you haven’t)
- The ability to develop the skills, confidence and independence of our students (Teaching qualifications and/or experience are desirable but not essential as training will be provided).
- Experience of ordering, planning and preparing menus
- Strong working knowledge of legislation including COSHH, Food Safety in Catering, Health & Safety, Health & Hygiene, Licensing Laws and Fire regulations and all other requirements in relation to food preparation.
- Experience of maintaining a kitchen store of fresh, frozen and ambient foodstuffs
- Focused on maintaining exemplary cleaning standards and schedules.
This will include a mixture of the following shift patterns on a two week rota and will include evening and weekend shifts:-
7.30 am – 3.30 pm
8.00 am – 8.00 pm
1.00 pm – 9.00 pm
All shifts are subject to change and as per an agreed termly timetable provided on a yearly basis.
Want to Know More?
Visit our website for more details foxesacademy.ac.uk and to see some of our sample menus: restaurant/
Want to Apply?
For more information or to request a job description please email:
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment safeguarding checks including an enhanced disclosure and barring service (DBS) check.
The Aurora Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children and young adults in our care and is a disability confident and equal opportunities employer.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'