Title: Project Manager / Module Leader
Division: Chassis Engineering
Contract Position based at: Gaydon
Rate: Up to £22.06 per hour Ltd Co
Chassis Engineering is responsible for the design and release of a number of key vehicle systems - Suspension Systems Architecture (SSA), Suspension System Tuning (SST), Braking, Steering Wheels and Tyres (SWAT) and Axle Concepts and Chassis System Integration (AC&CSI).
The Suspension System Architecture (SSA) team is responsible for the design, analysis and release of vehicle chassis structural components including suspension links, knuckles, bearings, bushes and frames. This includes developing and implementing system and component strategies, developing detailed designs and delivering Engineering sign-off against customer requirements.
The SSA Project Engineer (Module Leader) will have direct responsibility for SSA Programme delivery covering Frames, Suspension Structures and Compliant Mounting Systems components for a given Programme.
Key requirement of job role:
- Co-ordinate, guide and influence SSA Component Delivery Teams towards meeting Programme objectives.
- Act as a single point of contact for all SSA activities in support of Chassis Programme PL and applicable Programme Managers.
- Maintain relevant data to monitor and achieve Programme targets including release timing, gateway adherence, attribute achievement, cost and weight.
- Represent SSA to the Programme team at all relevant forums and be positively influential within these forums.
- Ensure that AIM's (problem reports), RMDV (Design Validation), SM Sheets (Seniors reporting), ESO trackers, DPA's (CAD accuracy) and other relevant trackers are maintained and progressed with urgency and accuracy.
- Rapidly react to issue progression and coordinate team activity across relevant functions, recommend corrective actions and escalate as required.
- Proven CAE analysis and software experience and the ability to deliver analysis and guide the engineering with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated proactive delivery and commitment to meeting deadlines.
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimum supervision with a positive attitude and flexibility to adapt to changing work requirements and priorities.
- Proven ability to use CATIA V5 for both solid and surface modelling.
- Proven ability of interpretation of and ability to conduct CAE stress and durability analysis (Abaqus,Optistrut, Hypermesh, nCode (fatigue)) to iterate and optimise designs.
- Proven ability to produce detailed engineering drawings including application of appropriate GD&T.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing processes used in aluminium HPDC and fabricated bracket construction and ability to design for manufacturing compatibility (castings, sheet metal).
- IT Skills - Microsoft software skills, excel, power point, etc
- Proven problem-solving skills
- Ability to react quickly to change.
- Knowledge of DFMEA, Engineering Specifications and Design Verification Plans (DVP)
- Degree-level Engineering qualification or equivalent.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you want to be considered for this Suspension Systems Project Engineer role, please apply today. If you have any questions about the role, please contact Lois Weston at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on .