Our client is looking to recruit a Chartered Power Systems Engineer to facilitate further growth within the regulated industrial power systems business, there is a requirement for a power system engineer with broad and or specialist experience in this market sector.
The candidate should have a strong technical and project background; which should include experience of several of the following: -
- High, medium and low voltage electrical power system design. This predominantly includes 11kV to 415V networks, some experience of 33kV/66kV would prove beneficial.
- Electrical network protection, design and analysis studies (Experience of ETAP/SKM/ERACS would be beneficial). This includes fault level, protection coordination, load flow, arc flash, transient stability, harmonic analysis etc.
- Power earthing design in compliance to relevant regulatory standards.
- Lightning protection systems. Risk assessment, design and implementation of appropriate protective measures.
- Specification and operation of electrical equipment in industrial settings.
- Application of regulated industry standards, methodologies and principles.
- Providing client technical support and developing relationships.
- Technical leadership on projects.
- Verification and approval of technical output.
- Project supervision and control of risks.
- Mentoring and development of graduate engineers.
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in a Power Systems Engineering environment.
- Comprehensive understanding of power systems theory.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering Masters preferred, or a relevant technical discipline.
Proven track record fronting client technical representatives and assisting with business development is essential.
The candidate must have previous experience of working within heavily regulated industries.