Chartered Paraplanner - Client facing
Guildford, with parking - £42,000 - £50,000
A well-established Wealth Management Practice in Guildford, requires a career committed research professional who is dedicated to enhancing their knowledge, experience and skills in this area.
Ideally, you will have previous experience as a Technical Analyst within a fast-paced environment and have extensive product knowledge in the areas of pensions, investments and protection.
The successful candidate will benefit from full support and training within a welcoming office environment.
About the Role
To analyse a client’s circumstances, objectives and existing financial planning arrangements in order to prepare an appropriate recommendation for discussion.
- Undertaking whole of market research, as required on all areas of the market, including pensions, investments and protection, both on a client specific basis and as part of regular reviews of the market place.
- Liaising with the Compliance Department to ensure that all advice is delivered in a compliant fashion.
- Provide high technical, administrative and research support to advisors.
- Provide input to the Research Manager on suitability of new systems or procedures.
Cash Flow Modelling.
In addition to the traditional research and reporting TA role, the successful candidate will also be required to carry out the following:
- Carving out the client facing role, will primarily be a servicing role to help the firm deliver on its client service proposition. This will involve meeting with clients either personally, via telephone or Skype, to review their existing arrangements, update fact finds, review risk profile and deal with other compliance requirements.
- Identify and address any additional requirements that the clients may have in order to achieve their current goals and objectives.
- These meetings will predominantly be within the office environment
- In the fullness of time and with the right circumstances, meetings might be at client premises.
- Depending on the individual and how much client facing work they are prepared to undertake, we could envisage a full-time Review Consultant managing up to 250 clients a year and this figure would be proportionate for the Client Facing TA depending upon the amount of time that they spend on this particular aspect of the role.
- Previous experience working with a similar role within an IFA practice.
- Chartered status preferred.
- A high level of analytical capability with good communication skills and attention to detail, as well as confidence to interact with clients and providers at all levels.
- Committed to a career in servicing financial service clients.
- Good time management and the ability to organise and prioritise workload.
- To be familiar with Voyant or other Cash Flow Modelling systems.
- Excellent knowledge of IRESS.
- Good working knowledge of taxation with the ability to analyse and prepare CGT and Income Tax calculations.
- Excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritise own client bank with other day-to-day responsibilities and report writing.
- High level Life, Pensions and Investment Reporting experience.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job