We are currently recruiting Chartered Fire Engineers based in or around the London or Bicester area in the UK.
Our client is a successful testing, inspection and compliance services provider with offices all across the UK who are looking for a motivated and time served individual with chartered fire engineering experience.
The candidate will be relied upon to help promote their client focussed approach and drive to exceed expectations through their leading technical expertise, operational excellence and technological innovation and continue to develop and maintain client relationships.
Travel will be expected within the region to fulfil the requirements of the role and the diverse range of work. The ideal candidate should be based in the South of England.
• An undergraduate degree in Fire Engineering or a suitable equivalent undergraduate or postgraduate qualification
• A Chartered Fire Engineer is preferred, however any equivalent recognised qualification will be considered for candidates having no less than 5 years’ experience
• Strong knowledge of UK legislation, standards and regulations, for example, BS9999, RRFSO, PAS79, PAS7, BS7974 and Building Regulations as well as knowledge of other regulatory regimes
• Understanding of the MHCLG guidelines regarding external wall systems along with the Building Regulations, or the ability to learn this very quickly
• Experience of undertaking fire risk assessments across a variety of property types ranging from education, residential, healthcare, industrial and commercial
• Experience of fire integrity / compartmentation surveys to identify breaches, proposed remedial repairs through to preparation of specification and design
• Ideally have experience of undertaking EWS1 Cladding Survey Assessments but not essential.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a positive approach to the role, and will be committed to delivering customer service excellence, with good commercial results. They will be passionate about fire safety and will strive to provide the utmost quality on every commission.
• Strong work ethic, creative problem solving and interpersonal skills, research and report writing abilities and good knowledge of the regulations
• Able to work alone and as part of a team, checking and authorising fire engineering work
• A track record of working within fire engineering and prioritising workloads and delivering deadlines
• Ability to successfully lead on and manage complex projects in a proactive and diligent manner
• Strong track record in management of projects from inception to completion
• Client facing, ensuring high standards of technical delivery
• Able to build long-term relationships
• Excellent administration skills and good use of the English language
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office / Google software
• Hold full, clean UK driving licence and has own vehicle.
Please apply directly via this advert or contact MathewMaddison at The Recruitment Group
- Fire Safety
- Manage Complex Projects
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'