Chartered/Certified Practice Accountant
Job title - Chartered/Certified Practice Accountant
Location - Mansfield
Contract type - Permanent
Salary - Competitive for the right candidate
Start date - Will wait for the right person
What can we tell you about this business?
This is a business we know extremely well and rate very highly indeed. The staff seem to agree as many have been there for a long time and love the culture that has been created by the current top team.
The current Practice Director started the business with a vision to be more than just a great accounting practice. He wanted the business to be recognised as top class business advisors valued by owners, Managing Directors and their teams. He’s succeeded and the firm now enjoys an enviable reputation in the East Midlands. The firm has not had to actively market for business as so many opportunities come to them through word of mouth and personal recommendation.
The Director takes a great deal of pride in how he runs the business and personally looks after many of its key clients. However, he now needs an ambitious Practice Accountant who’s vision it may also be to take the business forward. So the right person will bring a lot more than just their technical accounting skills to this role. The business owner also has an eye on his own exit strategy so you really could take your career all the way.
Who would this suit?
Today you are probably working in a practice that doesn’t have clear routes to the very top of the business, or perhaps where you are the next step would be to specialise but you really prefer a more rounded approach and a bit of freedom to take on varied work? Perhaps you have thought of having your own business but prefer to work with others? We think that this a great opportunity for someone that is ambitious and looking to progress in their career.
What should you expect the role to involve?
- You will give advice to clients where appropriate on both business and tax matters subject to director guidelines.
- Maintain productive relationships with clients in the portfolio, maintaining regular contact dealing with any specific queries or problems and assisting with/undertaking project work as required to meet agreed deadlines.
- Expect to complete or manage more complex accounts work for clients, this could include audit, tax, management accounts, forecasting, budgeting, reporting etc.
- Look to identify opportunities for obtaining new work with clients to build your own strong portfolio.
- In the future of course you will become more involved in the management and development of those in the practice, ensuring that clients and staff feel valued and the positive culture remains.
Who are we looking for?
A fully qualified (certified or chartered) accountant who has a real flair when it comes to helping ambitious business owners and entrepreneurs to grow the value of their businesses. If you have some audit and tax experience this would be useful.
We are looking for a good general practitioner who is able come up with innovative yet practical solutions for businesses that they are supporting. You will also be someone that is truly commercial in their approach to supporting clients. You will need to possess excellent problem solving skills and be adept at coming up with creative solutions. Our client genuinely does not mind where this individual comes from. They want someone that is bright and passionate about what they do and can help to drive the business onto bigger and better things.
- Problem Solving
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"