Are you immediately available?
Do you have a current NRSWA qualification?
Do you have experience of excavation, reinstatement and footway maintenance schemes?
Our client needs experienced and skilled gangers with highways/streetworks experience to work on a variety of projects across York. This role will involve working with traffic/highways engineers in building, altering and repairing highways and footpaths.
This temporary role is initially for 3 months with the potential to be extended and possibly become a permanent position. The rate of pay per hour for this role is £11.09. This is a full time role, Monday - Friday, 37 hours a week.
Duties will include:
A wide range of general maintenance tasks e.g. drainage, kerbing, fencing, walling, sweeping, signing, patching, traffic management.
- Planning work and estimating vehicle/plant and material requirements.
- Supervising the labourers directly under your control.
- Driving/operating vehicles/plant including routine checks, maintenance and cleaning.
- Security of vehicles/plant and materials under your control
- Keeping records and completing paperwork, communicating with colleagues, sub-contractors, the emergency services, the police, the general public, clients and customers.
You MUST HAVE the following experience and qualifications:
- New Roads and Street Works (NRSWA) Operative Accreditation (Supervisory preferred)
- LGV/HGV licence
- CPCS Plant experience (preferred)
- Supervised and overseen staff
- Ability to undertake a high level of manual work and work outdoors in all weather
- Able to demonstrate good customer care skills (i.e. dealing with the public)
- Wored on highways/streetworks schemes.
You will need to complete an application form with your work history and we will need two references from previous employers - one should be your most recent employer. Please make sure that your referees know you are applying.
To apply for this vacancy you must be able to work in the United Kingdom.Please email your CV (with reference details) or contact us for an application form or for more information.
Regrettably we are unable to respond to every application we receive.
- Civil Engineering