As one of the UK’s leading providers of behavioral care and specialist support services to adults and young people, Priory Group promise a challenging and fulfilling career with the support of a world class organization willing to invest in your development.
Across our network of hospitals, residential care homes, education facilities and supported living services, we are making a real and lasting difference to the lives of the people we support.
Ready for the recognition and rewards you deserve?
We don’t just talk about putting our employees first. We know that Priory wouldn’t exist without their combined energy, expertise and effort which is why we invest heavily in training, provide first-class support, promote collaborative teamwork and give everyone on our team the opportunities and resources to achieve their full potential.
At Lakeside View, we pride ourselves on our family values and treating each other with respect, valuing contributions and a real team effort for improving patient experience.
The Job Opportunity
A unique opportunity to work in a unit where extensive MDT support is offered to the patients and colleagues alike. You will work alongside a team of professionals including Ward Managers, Charge Nurses, Doctors, Support Workers, Therapist, Activity Coordinators and the Senior Management Team. As a Charge Nurse you will support the team to care for patients with acute mental health needs who are admitted to us for assessment and treatment.
Lakeside View is a 28 bedded hospital in Willenhall and our 3 small acute wards add to the community feel of the hospital:
• Finch Ward - 12 bedded male acute ward
• Robin Ward - 8 bedded male acute ward
• Swan Ward - 8 bedded female acute ward
The aim at Lakeside View is to provide a person centered approach and therapeutic environment, which promotes collaborative care planning to optimise treatment goals. Right from the point of admission, our aim is to support patients to be discharged safely back into the community where they can continue to progress towards recovery in a less restrictive environment.
Patients are usually referred to Lakeside View from local NHS trusts and we pride ourselves on excellent working relationships with patient, families and external agencies to support collaborative working and ensure clear communication throughout the care pathway in order to promote individuals' recovery and facilitate discharge. In order to maximise recovery, interventions offered include a wide range of therapeutic approaches, combining psychiatric and cognitive behavioural perspectives with occupational therapy, psychology, leisure and recreational activity.
As a Charge Nurse, you will act as a role model for the team, and be responsible for the development of your team. You will have the opportunity to develop your personal, managerial and leadership skills within this role. The Charge Nurse role is a hard but rewarding position with a real opportunity to impact on patient’s experience of hospital admission as well as the team’s experience of working for the company.
You will work with the Ward Manger to develop processes to improve patients experience as well as contribute towards the site improvement plan and quality improvement initiatives.
The successful candidate will be based on one acute ward within the hospital and will have regular clinical shifts working alongside your team. You will work predominantly Monday-Friday 09.00-17.00 however, clinical shifts are 07.30-19.45 and 19:30-07:45 therefore some roster flexibility is required for this role.
• Valid NMC registration
• Experience in mental health services is desired but not essential - we are happy to consider applications from RMNs and RNLDs
• Evidence of post registration continuing professional development
• A positive attitude and commitment to change, improvement and quality
• Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
• Knowledge of NMC standards guidelines and professional practices
• Knowledge of the Mental Health Act and Code of Practice
• You will be well supported within your role, with a strong focus on continuing professional development
• There is a senior Nurse on call system (on call Manager and Senior Manager) our of hours which you will be a part of on a rota basis
• We have a Junior Doctor based on site 24/7 as well as Speciality Doctors and Consultant Psychiatrists within working hours, and an on call Consultant Psychiatrist (out of hours)
• Access to funded CPD courses relevant to the role
• Ability to undertake your Practice Supervisor and Practice Assessor training in partnership with Wolverhampton University
• Extensive training through our online Priory Academy as well as face-to-face training
• Free access to RCNi
• Your NMC registration will be fully funded
• Opportunity to support Nursing students
• Opportunity to progress through our career pathway – opportunities include developing to Director of Clinical Services or Quality Improvement Facilitator
• Opportunity to take a lead role within the hospital – eg. Safeguarding lead, equality & diversity lead
• Generous annual leave entitlement and study leave to attend CPD opportunities, conferences etc
• Company pension scheme
• An extra days holiday to have your birthday off
• Free meals on duty• A
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'