Charge Nurse ( RMN / RNLD ) - Mental Health Hospital
Service Type: Mental Health Hospital
Salary: up to £36,000 per annum (negotiable depending upon experience)
Hours: full time - 37.5 hours per week
Shifts: nursing shifts (days/nights or weekends available) + supernumerary time
Service Details / Job Description:
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced RMN or RNLD qualified nurse to step into a Charge Nurse position within a Hampshire based hospital. The Charge Nurse will plan and implement nursing care of individual patients paying attention to areas of nursing risk management. It is also the responsibility of the Charge Nurse to taken management responsibility for the nursing team and deputise for the Director of Clinical Services in his or her absence.
Further duties and responsibilities involved;
- To attend clinical team meetings and CPA reviews, actively participating in Multi-Disciplinary assessment and treatment planning.
- To assist in the co-ordination of nursing activity over a 24-hour period to include adequate rostering, grade and skill mix provision.
- To attend department/ward meetings as directed. To actively participate in the planning of service developments.
- To work closely with the Director of Clinical Services, accepting joint responsibility for nursing operations.
- To provide supervision of staff, and development of nursing interventions within the unit to improve quality.
- To promote understanding of Clinical governance within the ward nursing team.
- To promote understanding of and engagement in the principals of Recovery.
This Hospital is a 9 bed hospital for adults with a learning disability and complex mental health needs. The hospital pride themselves on the development and training offered to all members of staff, as well as many other impressive benefits provided to Nurses. Please see list of benefits below for details.
Applicants should be qualified to practice as a nurse ( RMN / RNLD ) within the UK. Applicants must therefore hold a valid PIN and be eligible to live and work in the UK without the need for sponsorship.
Further skills/experience required are as follows;
- Applicants must be able to work rotational shift patterns (consisting of days, nights and/or weekends).
- You would need to be a compassionate, understanding and trustworthy
- Previous experience would be beneficial
- Competitive salary
- 25 days' annual leave plus 8 bank holidays increasing to 30 days plus bank holidays with length of service
- Extra Service Annual leave awards
- Career development - progress across the Staff Nurse grading is via a distinct career path
- A contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Private medical insurance
- Personal health insurance
- An employee assistance programme
- Free meals/refreshments when on duty
- Free car parking
- Private Dental Cover
- Flexible Benefits Packages
- NMC payment in full
- £250 Contribution towards CPD
For more information or to apply for the role please call Sophie Cook on and email your CV to
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job