Always working at the cutting-edge of technology, our client has an enviable reputation as a world leader, developing cutting edge products for scientific and satellite / space industries.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a multidisciplinary engineer to join as Characterisation Engineer with the primary aim of accelerating the development of sensors and processes for next generation of products within Space Imaging.
The role investigates anomalies and characterises new devices and processes, presenting test results and analysis to development and project teams. The autonomous set up of the role also requires development of test equipment and test methods for rapid result generation. Each investigation requires excellent technical documentation that can support future research by others, publications and conferences.
- Characterise new and existing imaging devices and processes, improving the understanding of the device operation and physical properties
- Specifying and coordinating the development of test equipment necessary to perform characterisation
- Developing test methods, verifying correct operation of test hardware and independently using equipment to perform characterisation
- Analysing and presenting test results to the development and project teams
- Generate characterisation reports for each investigation capturing the requirements, test plan, test equipment development, commissioning, test results and analysis
- Demonstrate understanding of device/semiconductor physics
- Experience with developing new test systems and/or methods to investigate sensor characteristics
- Autonomously perform technical investigations
- Experimental design
- Good technical presentation and document writing skills
- Desired Skills & Experience:
- Developing new test systems and/or methods to investigate sensor characteristics i.e. experience of electronics and software.
- Have a good understanding of device physics and CCD/CMOS operation.
- Minimum of BEng (Hons) or BSc (Hons)
- Basic salary in the range £35K - £60K depending upon previous experience.
- Training and access to the “Internal University”
- Pensions and Life Assurance
- Variable Pay options including: Employee Bonus, Sales Incentive Plans and Recognition Schemes
- Discount arrangements on a wide range of goods, hospitality providers, personal electronics and services
- Excellent career mobility with national and international opportunities
- Occupational health provisions and medical benefits
- Employee assistance and wellbeing support
- Flexible working options – this role is predominantly onsite with option for one or two days a week of home-working
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'