Due to continued growth within the business my client is recruiting for an additional Channel Manager to join their busy Commercial Team. The successful candidate will be customer orientated and commercially driven. You will have full responsibility for presentation and pricing of assigned product areas, including being proactive in bringing new products to market, managing margin within agreed set guidelines.
A key understanding of the competitive landscape on specific marketing channels is essential to that acquisition and retention prices are used effectively.
Key duties will include:
- Developing and maintaining a high level of product knowledge within the assigned product areas
- Daily margin management of base website priced by benchmarking competitors pricing to ensure my client has a competitive offering
- Monitoring relationship between OEM and all compatible products eg pricing in relation to each other and pricing in relation to page life, taking into account marketing contributions
- Full understanding of how product set up lifecycle works
- Regular discussions with buyers to ensure maximisation of product availability and margin, as well as identifying new product opportunities.
- Developing strategies to minimise overstock
- Monitor performance by product family and understand reasons for changes in performance eg traffic source, product offering etc.
- Maintaining channel specific price files for acquisition and retention channels where applicable
- Optimise PPC accounts to ensure the spend is distributed efficiently
- Develop knowledge and understanding of post and courier charging thresholds and services to ensure optimisation of outgoing delivery costs
- Assisting the Marketing Manager with product data for marketing emails
Key skills and experience required:
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel
- High level of commercial acumen - price setting, margin management etc
- Experience working in a similar role within a retail environment would be beneficial
- Excellent communication skills
- Drive and determination to succeed
- High level of attention to detail
Hours of work: Monday - Friday, 8.30am - 5.30pm
Holidays: 20 days + bank holidays (rising one day per year to a maximum of 25 days)
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job