Carlisle Brass is the largest developer of architectural hardware and ranked #1 by size in both UK and Irish markets. With a head office in Carlisle, they operate in 3 main channels - Architectural Ironmongers & Distributors, Merchants and Specification. Owned by Arran Isle, an international building products group with annual sales of c £250 million, Carlisle Brass employ c160 staff across two UK locations. As part of an exciting growth phase for the business they are looking for a Channel Manager to further develop the Merchant Channel.
Reporting into the MD, the Channel Manager will be tasked with managing the Carlisle Brass brand through its products and service to the Merchant channel to maximise profitable growth. Key areas of responsibility will include:
- Collaboratively create channel business & sales plans to ensure the strategic plan is delivered.
- Lead the team of Category Managers, Key Account Managers and Merchandisers, ensuring that appropriate resources are in place and targets achieved.
- Working with the Category Manager, create sales and marketing strategies to deliver NPD that will ensure profitable growth of the Channel.
- Work with other Channel Managers to determine and implement product /channel strategies that optimise sales, earnings and ROI across all Carlisle Brass products.
- Continually scan competitor activity and any changes in the commercial landscape of the channel, reacting rapidly to make any necessary modifications to business and sales plans.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic Channel Manager to join a growth focused company with an established, marketing leading brand. Ideal candidates will:
- Be experienced in managing branded building product distribution.
- Have experience in engaging with main merchant and retail trade customers.
- Be commercially astute with a proven track record in developing commercial deal structures.
- Be customer focused and possess excellent communication skills with the ability to work at all levels of an organisation.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Have previous experience in managing and developing field sales teams.
- Must be able to work from the CAdd this Jobarlisle office 2 days per week with regular travel across the UK and Ireland.