PAREXEL Informatics is one of the industry’s leading solution providers and we help customers accelerate the drug development process through innovation. Our product portfolio is built on leading-edge technology and is combined with extensive medical and clinical expertise. As the technology business unit of PAREXEL International Corporation, we're able to leverage our massive investment in technology with our parent company's wealth of hands-on clinical expertise.
This role is based in our new modern state of the art office in Nottingham city centre which has excellent transport links and has a great working environment that has the feel of an innovate technology company.
As the Manager, Change & Release Management you will work as an integral part of the Service Assurance Team, with the primary function to own and manage the Change & Release Management process for TRS in front of the Product Environment. You will lead the Change & Release Management Team and process with close relationships with Engineering, Product Management, Technical Quality Management, PSCO, Business Development and Service Delivery throughout the Service Design and Service Transition lifecycles to ensure a controlled delivery of all Changes to the live environment.
In the role you will have accountability to assess and approve changes to time, quality and compliance, following predefined Change & Release Management processes.
- Lead and manage the Change & Release Management Team on a day to day basis.
- Control the lifecycle of all changes, ensuring an efficient flow through the Change & Release Management process.
- Owns and drives Continues Service Improvement Plan for TRS Change Management
- Issues an agenda and circulates all requests for changes to Change Advisory Board members in advance of meetings to allow prior consideration
- Decides which Change Advisory Boards members will come to which meetings, who gets specific Request for comments depending on the nature of the RFC
- Convenes urgent CAB or ECAB meetings for all urgent RFCs
- Chairs all CAB and ECAB meetings
- Issues change schedules
- Reviews all implemented changes to ensure that they have met their objectives; refers back any that have been backed out of have failed
- Reviews all outstanding RFCs
- Analyses change records to determine any trends
• Produces Forward Schedule of Change
- Closes RFCs
- Produces regular MI Reports;
+ Design and operationalize internal Change Management Reporting which will monitor in-process measures across all the teams and processes (e.g. Incident and Problem Management)
+ Operationalize and provide client-specific reporting on Change Management which will come out of Service Transition of concrete service implementations.
- Strong leadership and verbal and written communication skills
- Strong understanding of technology, production service control and enablement, Change & Release Management services delivery management.
- Extensive experience of ITIL based operational support in a team lead position.
- Proven practical understanding of the Change lifecycle and Change & Release Management process and methods
- Experience of running and chairing a Change Advisory Board
- A flexible attitude with respect to work assignments and new learning.
- Ability to manage multiple and varied tasks with enthusiasm and prioritize workload with attention to detail.
- Experience of working in a large corporate environment where ability to work to tight timescales is critical
- Understanding of the service lifecycle
- Willingness to work in a matrix environment and to value the importance of teamwork.
- Degree educated or has a long standing technical experience or professional body qualification.
- Very strong English communication skills in both written and verbal format required
Minimum Work Experience
- Experience in leading a Change & Release Management Team
- Extensive experience of ITIL based operational support in a team lead position or higher.
- ITIL certification is essential
- Experience of running and chairing a Change Advisory Board is essential
In return we will be able to offer you a structured career pathway and development within the role including awareness and understanding of the industry. Your hard work will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package including 25 days holiday per year, pension scheme, life assurance, long term disability insurance, a health cash plan and other leading edge benefits that you would expect with a company of this type.
Apply today to begin your journey!
- Change Management
- Service Delivery
- Advisory Boards
- Release Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job