• Providing strong change management and change portfolio delivery experience to the group Internal Audit practice, bringing pragmatism and commerciality, with an ability to converse easily with change specialists and senior managers, and identify root causes that really add value to the organisation.
• Planning and delivering audits, in the fields of change management, project, programme, and portfolio delivery, on time and within budget, providing adequate assurance over the key risks within the scope of the audit.
• Provide assurance through performing continuous monitoring of key strategic projects and transformational programmes, through the creation of relationships with key individuals, and attendance at project and portfolio-wide meetings.
• Working with the Resource Manager to secure the required resources for the audit assignment and co-ordinate the day-to-day activities of audit team colleagues.
• Delivering robust audit reports, opining on the adequacy of the control environment, the root causes and themes of issues and the risk culture.
• Understand the activities and findings of other assurance providers (such as external audit and Group Risk) to consider the impact of their findings on audit assignments.
• Influencing colleagues across YBSG to embed robust, cost-effective controls to strengthen the overall control framework in response to weaknesses identified by Internal Audit.
• Managing relationships with key stakeholders effectively, aiding the performance of audits.
• Identifying opportunities to improve the operation of Internal Audit to assist in creating a high performing function.
• Deputising for Internal Audit Senior Managers as required.
• Accountable for the planning and delivery of timely and cost efficient audit assignments in line with Internal Audit’s methodology.
• Accountable for delivering clear, succinct audit reports of an appropriate quality.
The Knowledge & Skills you’ll have
• Strong subject matter expertise resulting from a proven track record of delivering in change roles. For example, project management, programme management, senior positions in project office or the management of portfolios, change governance, process improvement or operational excellence.
• Good understanding of a range of change delivery methodologies. For example, PRINCE2, MSP, SDLC (Software Development Lifecycle), agile, waterfall, Dev Ops, Lean, robotics and automation.
• Hold a relevant degree and/or role relevant professional qualification.
• Evidence of professional learning and development to build and maintain skills and expertise.
• Broad knowledge of internal auditing in areas of responsibility
• Project management skills and experience of leading small teams working with pace whilst maintaining quality.
• Ability to make professional judgements on the adequacy and effectiveness of control frameworks, demonstrating commercial awareness and sound business judgement.
• Ability to challenge effectively.
• Strong internal and external stakeholder management and influencing skills.
• Strong written communication skills, with the ability to author reports with minimal oversight.
• Ideally have experience of leading audit teams in reviews from planning to report issuance, but training will be provided for the right candidate.
Rewards and benefits:
Not only do we provide the opportunity to make a valuable contribution to our business, we want to recognise and reward that contribution. We do this through an excellent benefits package that offers real reward:
• 27 days holiday plus bank holidays
• Excellent bonus scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• Healthcare Cash Plan
• Supportive and enjoyable working culture
Why choose the YBS Group?
No matter where you join us, you can be sure of professional, fun and supportive people to work with. We believe this is at the centre of what makes Yorkshire Building Society such a great place to be.
Our vision is to be the most trusted provider of Financial Services in the UK. We strive to achieve this by delivering financial security and long-term value to our members along with exceptional service.
Our values are embedded into every aspect of life here. Even during our recruitment process, you can be rest assured that you’ll be treated in the same manner and go through the same steps as other applicants. And if you’re going through one of our Learning & Development programmes, we’ll ensure that you have support and guidance every step of the way.
Yorkshire Building Society Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job