When our founder Bruce McLaren passed away at the age of 32 he left behind a legacy that has shaped who we are today. Of course we have an unrivalled heritage which has its roots in racing; but McLaren Automotive is now creating a story of its own and we want you to be a part of it.
For the next 6 years as part of McLaren’s Track 22 plan, we are looking to invest £1 billion into Research and Development, leading to the launch of 15 all-new cars or derivatives during this period.
Keeping in line with our racing heritage and iconic sports cars, we embrace performance, quality, passion and excellence, not just in our products but in our people too.
Purpose of the role:
Working within the Product Change Management (PCM) team where you will be responsible for implementing engineering change in to the product. This requires a high level of coordination, communication, data analysis and process facilitation resulting in a consistent approach to product change management.
- Implement engineering change to the product in line with the PCM processes
- Liaise closely with all departments across the business involved in the product change management process (Engineering, Purchasing, Supply Planning, SQA, Quality, Logistics, Man Eng, Production)
- Generate progress status reports and communicate to the business effectively including preparation of daily, weekly and monthly KPI’s and investigate all deviations from agreed standards
- Ensure adequate product data analysis has been conducted and ensure timely resolution of any inconsistencies
- Ensure product change management data integrity and accuracy in the SAP system
- Plan and coordinate activities required to ensure consistent application of the product change management process
- Conduct regular process and system reviews to ensure continuous improvement of the product change management process as part of the process ownership
- Support the wider department functions as and when necessary (Internal auditing function, Assembly Processes assessments)
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- University Degree 2:1 or above
- Computer skills are critical (MS Office)
- Experience in product data management is critical
- Understanding of Change Management is beneficial
- Experience in business systems analytics is beneficial
- Previous experience within the Autpmotive or other relevant industries (Aerospace etc)
- Previous experience in product /process auditing is beneficial
- Project management skills are beneficial
- Effective communicator at all working levels
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills
- Have structured logical and analytical approach
- Delivery focussed - with demonstrable track record of on-time delivery
- Ability to work within deadlines and under pressure
- Process driven for continuous improvement
- Keen/ambitious for personal development and learning
- Capable of representing a world class automotive brand
For this role we offer a competitive package including private healthcare, access to an executive car scheme, company pension scheme and the chance to work in a truly unique environment.
All employees must ensure compliance with the Company Health and Safety Policy, and all relevant other statutory Health and Safety legislation.
This job description may not detail some less major duties allocated to the post holder, nor cover duties of a similar nature, commensurate with the role, which may from time to time be reasonably required by the relevant manager.