Change and Programme Manager: Technology and Business Innovation
Salary £65,000-70,000 per annum plus benefits
The Nursing and Midwifery Council regulates nurses and midwives in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland setting standards of education, training, conduct and performance so that nurses and midwives can deliver high quality healthcare throughout their careers.
Our strategy for the next five years sets out how we will develop our work to protect patients and the public effectively and efficiently. It places dynamic regulation at the centre of what we do and sets out where we think we should focus our energies and resources in order to promote standards of care and practice.
About the role
We are looking to recruit a high calibre, high performing programme manager to lead the development and implementation of a range of significant and strategic NMC programmes. You will be responsible for:
- the successful delivery of the programme outcomes, within agreed budget and tolerances, and enabling the realisation of required benefits;
- ensuring that change is seamlessly embedded into business operations;
- working with the central Corporate PMO Team to strengthen programme delivery controls and approach in line with best practice.
You will be a dynamic change and programme manager with many years proven experience of formulating and leading programmes of activity. You will have a breadth of knowledge from different environments, organisational cultures and industries. An understanding of working in a regulatory or government organisation would be of benefit.
- MSP practitioner level qualified and experience of managing complex change programmes
- Previous experience delivering strategic priorities within an ever changing environment
- Experience of working at a senior level in a high profile and complex environment; skills in understanding and responding to different perspectives and taking a cross-organisational approach
- Ability to build a collaborative culture across a varied team of professionals
- Resilient and self-confident to drive through change.
- Willingness to challenge constructively the underlying assumptions and the status quo
- Highly developed communication and influencing skills.
Why work for the NMC?
- 30 days holiday and eight days paid bank holidays
- contributory pension scheme
- flexible working arrangements
- child care vouchers
- cycle to work
- staff discounts with high street retailers
- subsidised on-site restaurant
- season ticket loans
- BUPA regulated Employee Assistance Programme
For more information about the role please read the job description and the person specification on our website
If you feel that this role is for you, please apply on our website with your cv and a supporting statement on how you feel you meet the skills and experiences highlighted in the person specification, and the personal details form
Closing date for completed applications: 12.00 Midday on 2nd April 2018
Interview Date: 12th and 13th April 2018
The NMC is an employer that values the diversity of its workforce and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Registered Charity in England and Wales  and in Scotland [SC038362]
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job