Teaching Assistants are wanted for Secondary Special School job based in Hillingdon. The school are looking for Teaching Assistants (TAs)/ Learning Support Assistants (LSAs) who are confident in supporting children and young people with challenging behaviours and autism across the spectrum.
- Must be able to travel to the Hillingdon/Uxbridge area
- Must be able to work full-time and be open to a committed long term placement
- Must be open to the possibility of supporting children with personal care/nappy changing
- Experience supporting pupils with challenging behaviour and/or autism
- Experience working in special need schools, Pupil Referral Units (PRUS), provisions and units is highly beneficial
- Knowledge of the use of autism resources such as PECS (visual picture cards), TEACCH (visual picture timetable) is highly beneficial but not essential
- Support Workers/Play Workers with school based experience will also be considered for the role
The school caters for secondary aged pupils with challenging autism spectrum disorders, severe learning difficulties and profound and multiple learning difficulties.
A valid Child Only Workforce DBS registered onto the update service and 2 references are required.
If you are interested in applying for this please email your updated CV to the email address provided
All applicants will require the appropriate qualification and training for this role. For teacher roles, we require a formally recognised teaching qualification. For Support staff our minimum requirement is GCSE English & Maths (A-C) or equivalent.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job