Reed Social Care team in Sheffield are recruiting Support Workers for Adults and Children with learning disabilities who display significant Challenging Behaviours.
We have positions available for caring, dedicated support workers looking for a new rewarding opportunity. This support is required in, in the community, and in their homes. NOT DOMICILIARY WORK!
As per client request, you will ideally have the following qualities:
• Demonstrate an understanding of working with adults and children with a learning disability, Autism e.g. social or emotional.
• Experience of working in a social care environment previously is essential,
• Experience of supporting adults and children with a learning disability / Autism
• Supporting with behaviour, de-escalation and also restraining (when necessary),
• Understanding of the need to respect and maintain confidentiality,
• Encourage independent living.
An aspect of the role will be supporting with life skills and semi independence living. Helping support with goals based within their home environments or local community. You will suit this role if you are dedicated, passionate and enthusiastic about making a difference to someone’s life.
If this role interests you then please get in touch on 0114 2754466 for more information or apply online.
You must have experience working with challenging behaviour such as physical aggression, restraining and de-escalating behaviours. This is the experience needed for this role.
Competitive rate of pay, that match the needed skills.
All staff will be provided with MAPA training.
This position is open now, and we are interviewing suitable candidates now. Number of positions available, as this client base is expanding extremely fast.
You will be required to attend a competency based interview (This will be explained when you contact us).
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business