Chair of the Board
Ashley Community & Housing (ACH) has an exciting opportunity for a Chair of the Board to join the team.
Location: Birmingham (meetings will be split across all ACH sites: Coventry, Wolverhampton and Bristol)
Salary: £7,500 per annum
Job Type: Part-Time, 3 days per month
About The Company:
ACH is a social housing provider and a non-for-profit organisation that is dedicated to supporting refugees, vulnerable migrants, and disadvantaged individuals for over a decade. They offer supported accommodation and personalised integration services to refugees and vulnerable migrants. Contribute to ACH’s vision by empowering refugees and migrants who reside in the UK to lead self-sufficient and ambitious lives.
Chair of the Board - The Role:
As the current Chair reaches the end of their tenure, ACH is looking for a dedicated and experienced individual to take on the position of Chair. As an experienced Chair, you will be involved in setting the direction of ACH in what is a changing, challenging economic, social, and regulatory environment. Through your work, you will help to ensure that the Board’s actions and decisions comply with the current statutory and regulatory obligations, actively participating in the future of ACH. The role involves overseeing ACH’s strategic direction, providing strategic insights, and upholding high standards of corporate governance. ACH welcomes interest from candidates who have prior knowledge of the housing sector although this is not essential.
Chair of the Board - Key Responsibilities:
- Provide strategic leadership and direction to the Board of Trustees
- Promote the core policies, values, and goals of ACH, including its commitment to equal opportunities
- Ensure activities align with ACH’s objectives and powers
- Prepare and facilitate effective board meetings and seek clarification when necessary
- Contribute to and share responsibility for decisions made by the Board or relevant committees
- Represent ACH to external stakeholders, partners and the community when required
- Represent ACH at conferences held nationwide
Chair of the Board - You:
- Experience in housing, risk and audit, financial management, governance, and refugee lived experience
- A proven track record in a senior leadership position
- An appreciation of business and community development
- Influential and informed decision making
- Understanding and support for social housing: a strong sense of empathy as well as expertise related to refugees and poverty alleviation
- Understanding of the legal duties, liabilities, and responsibilities of directors
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Chair of the Board - Benefits:
- Making a difference to refugees’ and migrants’ lives, helping them build a better, brighter future.
- Collective company culture
- Competitive salary and additional perks
To submit your CV for this exciting Chair of the Board opportunity, please click 'Apply’ now!
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'