Certification Team Manager
Our company is a well-established and respected Laboratory Services business, based in the West Midlands close to the M6/M5, which is currently experiencing excellent growth. G T Certification has two separate divisions delivering specialist testing and certification services within their unique industry sectors.
We are now seeking to strengthen the Test Centre team with the appointment of a Certification Team Manager for our facility to manage our Construction Testing and Certification Services. We offer testing and certification services in-house to companies, in line with industry, national and international standards and certifications.
- To manage our specialist nationwide team of testing technicians, co-ordinating and planning their daily site operations and individual customer requirements from our head office.
- To maintain a reliable and efficient test booking service, which delivers a range of UKAS accredited on site services.
- To control and develop the quality management system, apply its methodology and carry out its functions - such as auditing, and the maintenance of a UKAS accredited management system, manuals, procedures and accreditation requirements.
- To train and develop the necessary competencies within the testing team by providing ongoing training and formal witnessing and the promotion and maintenance of professional standards of service.
Educational and background
- A professional - educated to Degree or equivalent in a relevant technical subject.
- Excellent interpersonal and man management skills
- Proficient and professional in all aspects of written communication, with experience of creating and presenting reports.
- Highly articulate in meetings at all levels with staff, management and customers alike.
- Recognised industry professional in specialist field of activity
- Customer facing experience essential.
- Good IT skills to include MS Excel, Word, Access database
- Conscientious in attention to detail, accuracy and record keeping
- Experience of the Construction / Concrete sector highly advantageous
- Currently working within a similar specialist testing team or alternatively as part of a quality or product development function within a similar environment, but keen to develop your career further into testing and certification.
- Proven management skills in leading and motivating a team of engineers/technicians and/or experience of effectively managing the performance of small teams.
- Passionate about coaching and developing others.
- Experience in setting and monitoring targets and man management skills.
- Knowledge of BSI standards essential and experience of working in a UKAS Laboratory.
- Knowledge of ISO 17025 or ISO 9001.
- Detailed knowledge of relevant International, European or British standards. Expert knowledge of relevant standards and regulation.
- Good understanding of applying Procedures in a range of techniques
- Extensive experience in testing and certification activities used in other industries, laboratories or certification bodies.
The Remuneration Package:
- A very competitive salary based on skills and experience in the range of £30k -£35k
- 20 days annual leave exclusive of bank and public holidays rising to 25 days.
- A Company contributed Pension Scheme.
- On-going training and development.
- Problem Solving
- Quality Management
- Strategic Thinking
- Man Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"