PRODUCT SAFETY ENGINEER (Mechanical biased)
Hazardous Location Products
Location - Derby
My Client is a global Leader in the Testing, Inspection and certification industry. They are currently looking for Mechanically Biased Certification Engineer for their team based in Derby. The ideal candidate will come from a another certification business however there is a possibility for a graduate to be trained in this position.
The team will be experiencing considerable growth so now is a great time to join.
- Assessment of equipment for certification against published standards (EN/IEC 13463 series/IEC 80079-36 and IEC 80079-37 for example)
- Provide advice to clients as appropriate
- Specify and in some cases conduct appropriate test programmes in accordance with the relevant standards
- Estimate costs and specify the requirements for test samples
- Conduct on-site assessments and/or test work at the clients' premises. This may involve foreign travel
- Prepare reports and certification documents
- Ensure that project work is conducted within budget and in accordance with in-house procedures
Qualifications/skills and experience
Suitable candidates shall meet the following criteria:
- A qualification, ideally at Degree level, in mechanical engineering or relevant compliance experience in an industrial manufacturing business.
- Excellent written and verbal communication (English), administration and interpersonal skills, together with a high level of computer literacy (Word, Excel etc) and attention to detail
- A full UK driving licence
- The ability to work as an individual and as part of a team
- Ability and willingness to travel both in the UK and overseas for short periods
- Ability to apply technical judgements where necessary
Preference will be given to candidates that can demonstrate:
- Superior self-motivation and personal efficiency management.
- Problem solving skills
- Project management skills
If you are looking for a change within the certification industry Then I am interested in speaking with you.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job