PRODUCT SAFETY ENGINEER (Mechanical biased)
Hazardous Location Products
My Client is a global Leader in the Testing, Inspection and certification industry. They are currently looking for Mechanically Biased Certification Engineer for their team based in the North West The ideal candidate will come from a another certification business however there is a possibility for a graduate to be trained in this position.
The team will be experiencing considerable growth so now is a great time to join.
- Assessment of equipment for certification against published standards (EN/IEC 13463 series/IEC 80079-36 and IEC 80079-37 for example)
- Provide advice to clients as appropriate
- Specify and in some cases conduct appropriate test programmes in accordance with the relevant standards
- Estimate costs and specify the requirements for test samples
- Conduct on-site assessments and/or test work at the clients' premises. This may involve foreign travel
- Prepare reports and certification documents
- Ensure that project work is conducted within budget and in accordance with in-house procedures
Qualifications/skills and experience
Suitable candidates shall meet the following criteria:
- A qualification, ideally at Degree level, in mechanical engineering or relevant compliance experience in an industrial manufacturing business.
- Excellent written and verbal communication (English), administration and interpersonal skills, together with a high level of computer literacy (Word, Excel etc) and attention to detail
- A full UK driving licence
- The ability to work as an individual and as part of a team
- Ability and willingness to travel both in the UK and overseas for short periods
- Ability to apply technical judgements where necessary
Preference will be given to candidates that can demonstrate:
- Superior self-motivation and personal efficiency management.
- Problem solving skills
- Project management skills
If you are looking for a change within the certification industry Then I am interested in speaking with you.
- 60079 Atex engineer mechanical industrial hazloc
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job