Our client provides the highest level of technical knowledge, expertise and testing, inspection and certification, EHS training and compliance, advisory and commissioning services. They empower their customers to protect the well-being of workers, reduce risk, improve productivity, enhance compliance and drive measurable business improvement. Due to their continued success they are now looking for a Certification Engineer with a focus on Fire Safety and the certification of building materials to join their team in the Netherlands.
Reporting to the current Head of our client’s Notified Body in the Netherlands, the individual would support on Construction Products related matters as a Decision Maker for European Certification. Key responsibilities will include:
- Project management of building materials projects
- Customer development and relationship management for our European building materials business
- Developing the building materials business by providing presentations, webinars and other such activities
- Cooperation with other regions regarding our client’s European Certification business for building materials
- Development of European certification for building materials including working with key industry associations. List of key associations to be developed
- Development and establishment of market leading certification schemes for building materials which work nationally and internationally with clearly recognizable branding
- May exercise Project Handler Signature Authority as Project Handler of record responsible for opening, maintenance, completion, and closing of assigned new work engineering projects. Also may exercise Review Signature Authority as required as Reviewer of record responsible for initial review, status review, and final technical review of all new work engineering projects.
- Integrate continuous improvement concepts and techniques into all aspects of the job
- Resolve complex engineering issues associated with Variation Notices by analysing and reporting on the acceptability of the variations
- Represent our client on technical committees of national and/or international organizations.
- May provide direction as a Primary Designated Engineer or Designated Engineer for specific product categories.
The successful individual will have:
- Engineering / Science based University Degree plus five years directly related work experience
- Detailed knowledge of the technical vocabulary common to the appropriate discipline
- Working knowledge of conformity standards in use in areas of expertise
- Demonstrated ability to apply project-handling concepts in use in areas of expertise, including application to complex, new, or unusual products
- Working knowledge of industry issues, needs, and problems
- Building Materials
- Construction Products
- Fire Safety
- Fire Certification
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'