The CD’s key responsibility is the smooth and efficient running of all aspects of the centre. The CD must ensure that communication channels are open between Head Office (HO) and all managers within their centre. The role is a Senior Management position therefore the CD is expected to fulfil a demanding workload.
Reports to:Operations Manager (OM), Assistant Operations Manager (AOM), Recruitment Coordinator (RC) & Ops Exec (OE).
Location:16 centres across the UK.
- Up to 48 hours per week, on average.
- Evening and weekend work required.
- Some weeks you may be required to work in excess of 48 hours. You will therefore be asked to 'opt out’ of the 48-hour Working Time Directive.
Managing: HPC, HPC, CA, GLs & International Students.
Contract and remuneration:
- 4 week contract with a potential extension.
- Full board and accommodation provided free of charge.
Ardmore requirements for all employees
- Eligible to live and work in the UK and 18 or over.
- Have a suitable police check/ enhanced DBS(Ardmore can assist with this).
- High level of professional conduct and smart appearance.
- Commitment to safeguarding students at all times.
- Follow all Ardmore Procedures and policies as outlined in the Staff Handbook.
- Excellent communication skills and proficient in English language.
Role Specific Specification
- Ability to lead and manage teams, Group Leaders, liaise with Host School.
- Enthusiasm and ability to motivate a team of dynamic staff and students.
- Flexible approach to the working day and ability to 'think on your feet’.
- Strong organisational and administrative skills. Proficient in excel.
- Safeguarding Level 2 trained.
- Sensitivity to cultures and diversity.
- Proven leadership skills/ managerial qualification.
- Experience of managing teams in (summer) school.
- Hold a valid First Aid Certificate, Lifeguard or sports coaching qualification.
- Ensure the smooth running of Ardmore Language Schools courses maintaining high standards of customer satisfaction.
- Maintain an excellent working relationship with the host school/college staff.
- Lead weekly Group Leader meetings and daily management meetings to review the day ahead.
- Create a strong and clear line of management working closely with the Centre Management Team to deliver a successful summer programme.
- Ensure that school rules are adhered to and be responsible for all aspects of student behaviour.
- Create an effective and positive staff team ensuring that all staff are motivated and carry out their roles and duties to a high standard.
- Liaise with HO about shortages of staff, disciplinary procedures and pay details, where appropriate.
- Ensure that information is accurate and clearly displayed in the Ardmore office (e.g. staff rotas, staff mobile numbers, group arrival/departure times, etc.).
- Responsible for overall management of the day-to-day operations of the centre, linking the Academic, Recreational and Welfare Teams to ensure:
- HO receives accurate and current data on student and staff numbers.
- The teaching and activity programmes are implemented effectively.
- Centre administration and documentation is completed.
- Damages, equipment and resources are recorded and monitored throughout the course.
- All serious incidents are dealt with and reported to HO.
- The security and safety of students, Group Leaders and staff at all times.
- student and staff discipline is maintained.
- Appropriate staffing levels are maintained at all times (in consultation with HO).
- Set up and close the centre at the end of the course and submit an end of centre report to HO including early and final staff appraisals.
- Write a full job specific report at the end of the course.
Training and Induction
- Implement the procedures and guidelines provided in the Staff & CD Handbook and at Centre Management Training effectively.
- Complete Ardmore Online Training prior to centre arrival.
- Induct all GLs to Ardmore and centre specific rules.
- Attend Management Training.
- Attend and respond positively to appraisal from OM/AOM.
- Lead the Induction Day on centre & perform centre management appraisals.
- Actively seek further training if needed.
- Act as the Safeguarding DSP on Centre.
- Ensure that high levels of student safety and welfare are maintained with particular attention given to individual students.
- Ensure that Ardmore Language Schools Health and Safety policies, procedures and security registers are implemented and adhered to at all times.
- Alongside the senior team, implement feedback points raised by GLs and students.
- Supervise other staff in night duties from 10pm to 1am at least once a week.
- Maintain proper levels of student behaviour, safety and welfare and respond to emergencies at all times.
Ardmore is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All employees are required to read and implement our Safeguarding Policy.
- Ability to lead and manage teams, Group Leaders, liaise
- Enthusiasm and ability to motivate a team of dynamic staff and student
- Flexible approach to the working day
- Proven leadership skills/ managerial qualification.
- Experience of managing teams in (summer) school
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job