Central Operations Coordinator
Salary: £16,000 - £18,000 per annum
About the company:
Our client provides global strategic maritime, cargo and supply chain solutions to ship owners and operators who span all geographies, market segments, vessels and asset types.
The role of the Central Operations Coordinator:
As a member of the Central Operations Team for UK Port Agency, you will be the first point of contact for CLS and sub agency related enquiries, received through Ship Operators and their crewing departments, providing a responsive and customer focused service on a 24 hours a day, 7 days a week basis. Out of office hours (evening, weekends, public holidays and alike) will be covered by team members on a rotation basis. The team will take care of all UK and sub agency CLS calls as well as sub agency management for the UK and Ireland(ports as currently defined), remotely from the Grimsby office. Coordinators will arrange the related call in its entirety, including assisting in closing final disbursement accounts in a timely manner.
Duties of the Central Operations Coordinator:
- Respond directly to Principals for enquiries relating to crew logistics (including those handled through sub-agency network), with timely information and costs for enquires, whilst providing UK pricing/funding tariffs and ensuring adherence with Credit Policy
- Liaise closely with Inchcape’s Vessel Supply Chain Hub, based in Mumbai.
- Oversee CLS calls relating to the appointed area, checking with vendors and vessels crew by phone and e-mail whilst keeping Principal and VSC hub fully updated
- Ensure compliance to ISS “Guidelines for Local Performing Agents” , KPI’s, and/or customer specific standing instructions and requirements
- Ensure excellent services are provided to all customers by responding in accordance with the agreed Service Level Agreements (SLA) and keeping the customer regularly informed throughout
- To escalate any operational issues or problems in a timely manner to the Operations Managers or and Senior Management
- Liaise with taxi companies, transport providers, hotels, etc. to facilitate CLS calls, and establish “best practice” from our Suppliers
- Negotiate competitive rates for the provision of accommodation, transfers and alike
- Maintain up to date list for all sub-agents, ensure this is reflected on ISS website.
- Ensure sub-agent and ISS office performs to agreed standards, Financial, Quality & Operational for specific nominated clients.
- Ensure any client specific requirements (emergency procedures etc.) are communicated and understood.
- Ensure the ISS Customer Service Centre (Hubs) are treated and communicated with as the Internal Customer (when they appoint us).
- Negotiate best financial deal to benefit ISS UK, without compromising service.
- Maximise Income via agency fees, recoveries and commissions.
- Undertake any other reasonable duty that is deemed appropriate for the job function.
- A full list of duties can be provided upon Request
Requirements of the Central Operations Coordinator:
- A basic knowledge of Port Operations
- Experience of working in a customer facing role in the shipping /maritime industry
- Experience of working with an operating or customer relationship management system
- Experience of working to pre-defined processes and procedures and delivering work in accordance to SLAs
- Strong communicator both written and verbal
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict timelines
- Able to effectively manage own work and work unsupervised
- Competent user of the Microsoft Office suite including Outlook, Excel and Word
- GCSE or equivalent
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Flexibility for out of hours working as/where business dictates
- Experience of Crew Logistic Services and Sub Agency Management (Desirable)
Central Operations Coordinator Benefits:
- Group Pension Scheme
- Income Protection
- Life Insurance
- Childcare Vouchers
If you meet the requirements and feel that this Central Operations Coordinator role is right for you then please apply today!