Bereavement Groundworks Officer
Based in Kingston, Surrey
3 month temporary role (potential of being ongoing)
£11.50-£11.90 PAYE P/H
Full Time-Shift Work
- Maintain and organise the various sites within the cemetery, ensuring all grounds maintenance services are delivered to a high standard which meets customer expectations.
- Assisting the team with grave excavation. This will include:
- Digging graves
- Filling graves using the dumper truck and diggers in varied weather conditions.
- Memorial works
- Memorial works
- Mowing grass
- Maintaining rose/flower/shrub beds & pruning of the same
- Hedge cutting
- Path maintenance
- Weeding including use of pesticides/herbicides.
- This work will involve the use of equipment such as chainsaws, a variety of sit & ride & pedestrian plant/machinery.
- Training in safe use of the dumper truck and diggers will be given, along with training in the use of shoring, to prevent grave collapse.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Good physical skills like movement, coordination and dexterity.
- Be thorough and pay attention to detail.
- The ability to operate and control equipment.
- To be flexible and open to change.
- The ability to work well with others.
- Wear rainproof clothing suitable for working outside including steel toe cap boots.
- Experience in general grounds maintenance work.
- Basic literacy skills
- The ability to work as part of a team and have the skills necessary to operate the plant and machinery to carry out the duties of the post
- Able to work outside for the majority of the day and undertake strenuous physical tasks
- Question and challenge ways of working, with an understanding of the bigger picture in terms of the corporate context and external environment
- Actively engage in positive cross organisational communications and team working
- Communicate clearly, confidently and appropriately with colleagues using the best methods of communication for the task.
The successful candidate will receive full support and will be working as part of a team at all times.
*Please note only successful candidates will be contacted*
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://candidate-privacy
- Grave Digger
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'