Staffline is one of the UK's leading recruitment companies, helping to find work for thousands of people on a daily basis. Our temporary workers can enjoy great benefits including training and apprenticeships, as well as real opportunities for career progression and permanent employment We are recruiting for an approachable and reliable Class 1 Driver to join our client based in Avonmouth.
The main duties of the role will include:
- Report to the Transport Planner/ Transport Coordinator at the start of shift.
- Adhere to signing in and out procedure and ensure correct and thorough completion of paperwork.
- Effectively manage own working time in line with the Road Transport Directive.
- Adhere to tachograph rules and regulations at all times.
- Ensure daily vehicle checks are completed in line with company procedure.
- Responsible for unit and trailer, including temperature checks.
- Make deliveries to customers' premises, acting in a professional manner at all times.
- Immediately report any problems regarding delivery arrival times, delays or discrepancies with loads.
- Ensure proof of deliveries (PODs) are signed and returned to the Transport Office after delivery.
- Ensure regular communication with the Transport Office.
- Observe and adhere to site procedures at each delivery point.
- Ensure correct completion of a defect report as and when required.
- Any other duties as reasonably required.
The successful applicant:
- Must have a LGV Class 1 Licence.
- Must be reliable, professional and approachable.
- Must have a good level of customer service
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately under pressure.
- Knowledge of Road Transport Directive and current drivers' hours.
Our client runs 24/7 operation with start times that are available through out the day
The pay rate for this role is £13.00 per hour Monday to Friday between 06:00 to 18:00, £14.00 per hour between 18:00 to 06:00 and Saturday to Sunday £16.00 limited availability on weekends.
This is an ongoing position with an immediate start.
If you feel that you could be a success in the role then please apply now.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job