Staffline is one of the UK's leading recruitment companies, currently recruiting approachable and reliable Class 1 Drivers to join our client based in Avonmouth. This role involves general haulage, all aspect of store deliveries throughout the South West including multi-drop. There is manual labour required and full training will be given. Successful candidates will be required to attend our client's assessment and upon completion we will be able to offer regular start times throughout the duration of the contract with excellent working conditions and pay.
The main duties of the role will include:
- Report to the Transport Planner/ Transport Coordinator at the start of shift.
- Store deliveries - dealing with cages.
- Adhere to signing in and out procedure and ensure correct and thorough completion of paperwork.
- Effectively manage own working time in line with the Road Transport Directive.
- Adhere to tachograph rules and regulations at all times.
- Ensure daily vehicle checks are completed in line with company procedure.
- Responsible for unit and trailer, including temperature checks.
- Make deliveries to customers' premises, acting in a professional manner at all times.
- Immediately report any problems regarding delivery arrival times, delays or discrepancies with loads.
- Ensure proof of deliveries (PODs) are signed and returned to the Transport Office after delivery.
- Ensure regular communication with the Transport Office.
- Observe and adhere to site procedures at each delivery point.
- Ensure correct completion of a defect report as and when required.
- Any other duties as reasonably required.
The successful applicant:
- Must have a LGV Class 1 Licence.
- Must be reliable, professional and approachable.
- Must have a good level of customer service
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately under pressure.
- Knowledge of Road Transport Directive and current drivers' hours.
Our client is looking for drivers to start at 04.00 - 06.00 across a 7 day operation.
It is preferable that the succuessful applicant would work across the weekend and take legal breaks during the week.
The pay rate for LTD drivers for this role is £14.50 per hour Monday to Friday, £16.50 per hour Saturday and £18.50 per hour for Sunday/Bank Holidays
This is an ongoing position with an immediate start.
If you feel that you could be a success in the role then please apply now.
- HGV C+E CPC DIGICARD