An opportunity has arisen for a CDM Principal Design Services Assistant based in our Nottingham Office.
The purpose of the CDM Principal Design Services Assistant is responsibility for the efficient delivery of the Principal Designer service to new and existing Client Accounts. Work as part of the Principal Design team to achieve the Annual Operating Plan and objectives leading to the profitable growth of the S&W Design business.
Key Duties are:
- Undertake relevant training / CPD activities to improve Construction Health and Safety and design knowledge and understanding.
- Responsible for ensuring the Principal Designer function is carried out effectively under the direction of the PD Services Manager.
- Working with in-house designers to ensure all relevant aspects of the CDM Regulations 2015 are adhered to and the PD service is effectively delivered.
- Deputising for the CDM PD Services Manager as required.
- The responsibilities will require the job holder to possess and maintain (via CPD) Health and Safety and construction oriented relevant technical training.
- A valid driving licence is required as travel throughout may be required.
In order to succeed in this role, the successful candidate will have:
- Likely to be educated to diploma level or similar (design / construction related qualification is desirable)
- Experience in design, construction and / or health and safety requirements and regulations is desirable.
- Have a desire to continually improve knowledge and understanding of health and safety best practice and design / construction processes.
- Be familiar with or be willing to learn about construction processes from design inception to project completion and thereafter premises maintenance
- Be located within reasonable travelling distance of the office in which you are based or willing to relocate to a suitable locale.
- Experience of working with demanding private sector customers in a fast paced environment.
- Act in a professional manner at all times, upholding the company values and behaviours and promoting the business at every opportunity.
- Work pro-actively with colleagues within all offices and those aligned to any particular project / work stream by our outsource partners.
- Be willing to learn and work collaboratively with a highly knowledgeable, close knit team.
- Be willing to continually develop your professional knowledge and have a desire to continually improve
- Support the training and overall competence of the Design department in terms of Principal Designer responsibilities.
The successful candidate will be required to be flexible and work in diverse ways to accommodate organisational needs. You will need to be self-motivated, committed and highly influential.
The ideal candidate will have achieved goals and objectives through positive workforce motivation. Requiring strong problem solving, decision making, organisational, communication, interpersonal, and customer focus skills.