Catering Manager (with a major difference!)
Are you an experienced Catering Manager with first-rate communication skills and a passion for dealing with clients and looking for your first step into sales-focused role within a renowned, market leading company? If so, we want to hear from you! This is an opportunity that doesn’t come around very often.
Our client is one of the most reputable high end contract catering and hospitality companies in the UK with a reputation for quality, great service and being a fantastic place to work.
A background in sales is not essential; more important is a proven track record of working closely with clients in a contract catering environment.
*This role is based in London / the Home Counties but will incorporate nationwide travel
Catering Manager (with a major difference!) – Job Summary
This is a retender business development role aimed at protecting our client’s business via formal tender processes. You will have specific involvement with key clients when they come to market; developing the appropriate proposition through to presentation and deal closure.
Bid writing will be a key part of the role. Pre RFI activity in conjunction with the Client Retention Director; leading to a complete knowledge and understanding of the client, an appreciation of the bid strategy (strategy, drivers, demographics, client expectation, financial framework and service offer). The aim is to enhance our client’s opportunity and improve its response to its current client tenders. This is a key issue for business growth and retention.
Key to this role is relationship development within the business and the undertaking of on-site evaluations of client service prior to commencing the project.
Working in harmony with the Regional Managing Directors and the Client Retention Director will be vital to the success of this role; being genuinely joined up and focused on retention. There will be significant crossover in knowledge and activity with the key account stakeholders.
Catering Manager (with a major difference!) – Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Quantify through personal research and other client contracts most at risk and likely to come to market - within the first four months, then half yearly
- Identify key contract decision makers at these accounts and build a relationship development plan to be implemented
- Work with the Client Retention Director and RMDs to build a retender plan for the ten accounts most at risk
- Work with key stakeholders, identify winning proposition for each client and take responsibility for formulating bid responses
Catering Manager (with a major difference!) – The Ideal Candidate
- Contract Catering background essential
- Experience as a Catering Operator, working with clients’ expectations
- Proven track record of building strong client relationships
- Involvement/awareness of the bid process
- "catering management"
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job