Catering Manager - Contract Caterer - Job Summary
Great opportunity for a Catering Manager to join one of the UK's leading catering and facilities management organisations in a high profile role with a wide span of autonomy. My client is one of the UK's leading contract catering and hospitality specialists who have won a number of awards for service, innovation and quality. They operate across a multitude of sectors providing mostly catering and hospitality services, in addition to facilities management such as domestic services, back of house support services and FM. The nature of service offered varies depending on the nature of the contract.
Catering Manager - Contract Caterer - Role Responsibility
As a Catering manager you will typically manage various revenue streams through your team across a number of services including, retail, patient and customer catering. In addition to managing operations across a multifaceted business, you will also have to liaise with, and build excellent relationships with various stakeholders and third party client groups. A key aspect about contract catering and facilities management is contract retention and to do this you will need to manage your business area effectively to ensure the best service, quality and KPI delivery to the third party client. Central importance is the ability to mobilise your teams ensuring each department has the capacity to drive performance. As catering manager your key responsibilities will include:
- Build, develop and motivate your teams to deliver the very best service and quality to various stakeholder groups
- Maximise profit and business opportunities within the various contracts under your remit
- Develop the service offer and client relationship to grow the business areas covered under the various contracts
- Be fully P&L accountable and be able to manage cost and resources to deliver profit and margin targets across several often diverse revenue streams
- Ensure all third party client KPI's are met putting the company in the best position to retain and renegotiate the contract
- Ensure all of your teams are engaged, motivated and passionate about delivering the service that is expected of an outsourced service
Catering Manager - Contract Caterer - The Ideal Candidate
- Ideally, proven catering experience in a healthcare environment
- Chef experience - must be hands on!
- Commercial awareness
- Experience of liaising with, and managing third party or outsourced client relationships
- Experience of managing your P&L across different diverse revenue streams
- Commercially very astute and is always looking for ways to maximise business returns
- Build excellent relationships with internal stakeholders and external third party clients
- Expert at delivering results through your teams Understands the difference between management and leadership and displays qualities aligned to the latter
- Results orientated with impeccable standards around quality, service and presentation
- Expert at adapting style and behaviour to meet the needs of the situation
- Computer literate, numerate with very good verbal and interpersonal skills
Detail2Leisure is acting as an employment agency. We are the chosen recruitment partner for many of the UK's leading Retailers.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job