To provide general catering and administration support to the Chef Manager, by taking responsibility for various aspect of the service and catering.
1.Daily cashing-up of till and vending machines and servicing/re-filling of vending machines, in a timely and accurate manner.
2.Clean kitchen and maintain high standards of kitchen hygiene.
4.Assist in washing up.
5.Assist with basic food preparation and other general tasks.
6.Provide refreshments for pre-arranged break sessions.
7.Assist with special events (e.g. barbeques, celebration dinners etc.)
Ensure that breaks are taken at appropriate times.
Education and qualifications
- Awareness of the health and safety issues in a catering environment (D)
- Relevant Food Hygiene certificate(D)
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Recent experience of working in a commercial catering environment (E)
- Basic food preparation skills (E)
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively with a wide range of people (E)
- Experience of using an online procurement system (D)
- Confident user of Outlook, Word and Excel (D)
- Experience Cash handling in an accurate and timely manner (E)
- Experience of general duties in a busy kitchen or café (E)
- Can maintain focus and skill during a busy counter service (E)
- Capable of undertaking some moderately strenuous duties (e.g. standing for long periods and lifting) (E)
- Ability to adapt to changing environments (E)
Personal skills and attributes
- Driven, hardworking and enthusiastic individual, with a positive attitude (E)
- Organised and pays attention to detail (E)
- Efficient and conscientious (E)
- Passionate about their career (E)
- Strong organisational and time management skills; IT literate (E)
- Strong customer focus and a willingness to engage directly with students (E)
- The ability to establish effective working relationships with colleagues and to be a good team member (E)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (E)
·A positive and 'can do' approach (E)