Westbrook Hay Prep School are looking for two Catering Assistants to join their team in Hemel Hempstead.
Job Title: Catering Assistants
Location: Hemel Hempstead
Salary: £5,115 - £5,245 gross per annum (including holiday allowance)
Westbrook Hay is a thriving independent Prep school that educates boys and girls from rising 3 -13 years. The school’s beautiful rural location boasts 26 acres of parkland overlooking the Bourne valley. Located just off the A41, between Berkhamsted and Hemel Hempstead in Hertfordshire, Westbrook Hay has easy access to all major routes.
Vacancy 1: 588.5 working hours per annum -Term Time & Vacancy 2: 605.5 hours per annum – Term Time. Working Hours will be spread across the following:
Monday – 11:30am – 2:30pm
Tuesday – 11:30am – 2:30pm
Wednesday – 10:30am – 2:30pm
Thursday – 11:30am – 2:30pm
Friday – 11:30am – 2:30pm
Plus – Holiday Clean 2-3 days per term
Speech Day/Prize Giving – 2 Afternoons
School Play and Dining Evening – 3 Evenings
Catering Assistants – Requirements:
- Helping to set up the Dining Hall (laying tables, putting out water and cups etc;
- Clearing and wiping tables in between sittings (12.00pm, 12.45pm, 1.20pm);
- Loading and emptying dishwasher;
- Helping to clear Dining Hall after lunch, to include wiping tables, sweeping and mopping floors in dining hall and conservatory, removing rubbish etc.;
- Help out in other areas as may be required;
- Speech Day and Prize giving’s – assisting with preparation of sandwiches, cakes etc for afternoon tea, assisting the Chef Manager as necessary;
- School Play performances – assisting with the preparation, serving and clearing of tea, coffee, soft drinks and cakes/biscuits at two evening performances;
- Assisting with the setup, serving and clearing of New Parents Dining in Night
- Holiday Cleaning – extensive clean of all dining and servery areas and floor polishing prior to commencement of each term;
- Occasional cover may be required for match teas Wed/Thurs until 5pm
- The catering assistant may be required to help with additional events throughout the course of the year.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring Health and Safety matters are adhered to at all times.
- The successful candidate will participate fully in the School’s Performance Management programme.
Catering Assistants – The Successful Candidate:
- Total reliability
- Excellent time keeping
- Ability to deal firmly but kindly with children aged between 4 and 13 years.
- Ability to deal politely and tactfully with staff and parents
- Cheerful disposition
- Ideally the successful candidate will have experience of working with children.
- Driving licence: full clean required.
- DBS: satisfactory enhanced check including barred list required on file before start date.
- Other documentation: professional certificates (if applicable); medical declaration; overseas declaration.
- Notice period: 1 month following successful completion of the probationary period
- Probationary period: 3 months. One weeks’ notice
- References: appointment subject to two satisfactory references; one from immediate - previous employer and one other (not a relative or friend): required to be on file before start date.
Catering Assistants - Benefits:
- Holidays: Statutory holiday allowance which must be taken during school holidays, separate to holiday clean.
- Pension: school stakeholder scheme for support staff.
All members of the catering team are required to undertake Food Hygiene training prior to commencing. Access to online training will be provided by the school. Where staff do not hold a valid Safeguarding Training certificate, access to online training will be provided by the school and must be completed prior to commencing.
To complete your application for one of these exciting Catering Assistant opportunities, please click ‘Apply’ now. You will be redirected to our careers page where further instructions on how to complete your application can be found.
Westbrook Hay Prep School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post including checks with past employers and the Disclosure Barring Service.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job