Can you help ensure patients are well fed?
NHS Professionals run the temporary work placements at Arrowe Park Hospital, and we are looking for Part-time Catering assistants to help to get meals to patients within the wards
Location: Arrow Park Hospital, CH49 5PE
Duration: 7th September 2020 – 30th November 2020
Band 2: £9.21 per hour
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR PART TIME HOURS FROM 15 HOURS A WEEK UPWARDS?
There are a variety of working hours available for this role across Monday – Sunday.
The shifts are available are:
- 7.00 – 10.00am Morning preparation shift
- 12.00 – 15.00pm Lunch shifts
- 17.00 – 20.00pm Dinner shift
The morning preparation shifts are responsible for all the jugs for drinks across all the wards being cleaned and sent out back out to the wards.
The lunch & dinner shifts are the most common shifts available and involves
- Taking heated trolleys on to the wards to distribute hot meals to patients.
- This involves no food preparation or handling.
- You would be taking trays with meals out of the trolley and handing them to nursing / ward staff to give out to the patients.
- The Trolley is then cleaned out and prepared for the next service.
Full training is provided and as a result no previous experience within catering or a similar role is required.
Uniform is also provided on your first shift.
Responsibilities will cover several areas such as:
You would be working in a large catering team including catering assistants, chefs/cooks, team leaders and a kitchen manager.
- Preparation, distribution, service and collection of foods (Patient or Commercial) either ward based or through commercial outlets
- Responsible for machine or hand dish washing including utensils and equipment.
- Cleaning of premises and equipment related to catering services.
- Responsible for removing waste including dirty crockery, cutlery or waste matter from dining areas or other catering areas before, during and after food service.
- Responsible for thorough cleaning /sanitising infected ward catering equipment
- To probe, monitor and record all protein food items ensuring they have reached the required temperature.
- May be required to operate cash registers and cash handling within Catering Department activities and ensure accounting procedures are adhered to.
Do you have the following skills or Experience?
- A good understanding food allergens and current food safety legislation.
- Some training, experience and personal attributes required to perform catering assistant tasks.
- Good communication skills
- Someone prepared to get stuck in, roll up their sleeves and get involved
In return for your hard work commitment NHS Professionals (NHSP) can offer you some fantastic benefits: –
- Work this week, get paid next - Get paid the following Friday when you release your timesheets by 23:59 on Sunday.
- Get paid to take holiday! - Holiday is accrued during every shift you work.
- Statutory maternity/paternity (subject to qualifying criteria)
- Access to our very own pension scheme called 'NHSP Stakeholder pension' for eligible members
- Free training and development opportunities
- Dedicated consultants
- Flexible working options
- Free DBS and free training
- Support when you need it – 24/7 365 days
Who are NHS Professionals?
NHS Professionals (NHSP), owned by the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC), works in partnership with hospital trusts to provide a bank of highly skilled temporary workers who want to work flexibly within the NHS.
Working through the NHSP bank means Trusts don’t have to rely on expensive agencies. Right now, we have over 126,000 members registered on our bank from various roles, grades and specialities, saving the NHS over £70 million each year. This money is then reinvested back into the NHS.
Register today for various flexible working options and long-term placement opportunities.
We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Please note, you will be contacted by email throughout the recruitment process, so please check your emails, including your junk/spam regularly. We regret we cannot contact everyone who is not selected for an interview, therefore if you do not hear from us within 21 days after submitting your application, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'