Do you fancy a career in contract catering?
Would like to work for an award winning employer with great benefits?
We are looking for a Catering Assistant to work at our site at Malpas Court, Northallerton.
The successful candidate will be required to prepare fresh vegetables and assist the Chef with other areas of food preparation. The role involves general cleaning duties and washing up. The ideal candidate will be adaptable and have a positive attitude. Learning the company’s fresh food ethos, presentation principles and food safety and hygiene standards is key to this role.
This role promises good onward progression the successful applicant; you will need to show tenacity, ability to think on your feet and a passion for service.
Malpas Road, Northallerton, North Yorkshire, DL7 8TG
Hours: Part time hours between 11am – 2pm - total - 12 hours per week
This may include some weekend work
Summary of Role
Our General Assistants are responsible for greeting and serving customers in a professional, warm, friendly and genuine manner. Also responsible for preparing and serving a range of beverages and cafe foods in line with client requirements and Elior UK standards.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
As General Assistant you will
- Ensure full area of responsibility is clean, appropriately presented and stocked at all times
- Ensure thorough and up to date knowledge and understanding of menu and special offers in order to provide relevant information to customers and clients
- Be responsible for smooth operation of relevant equipment reporting any maintenance issues in line with procedures
- Operate the till point as required throughout service, ensuring correct procedures are used
- Ensure all complaint handling is dealt with professionally and in line with procedures
- Ensure that COSHH, Food Safety and Health & Safety regulations are adhered to and any incidents are reported in line with procedures
- Maintain client and Elior UK confidentiality and security at all times
Knowledge and Skills
As General Assistant for Elior we look for …
- Warm, friendly and genuine with excellent all round communication skills
- Adaptable, whilst able to conform strictly to Elior UK procedures and operating procedures and rules
- Ability to establish strong relationships with colleagues and customers and maintain professional image at all times
- Methodical, thorough with persistence to see a job through to conclusion
- The ability to remain calm under pressure
Part time – 12 hours per week – 11am to 2pm
Shifts include some weekend working.
£7.50 per hour
As well as an enjoyable place to work, Elior offer a comprehensive benefits package including access to offers, promotions and discounts to retail and leisure providers
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job