Our client, an educational establishment, located in Blackheath, SE3 are seeking to recruit experience Catering Assistants.
Duties of the Post
To prepare and cook food to a high standard and to serve meals to pupils, staff and visitors ensuring health & safety and hygiene regulations that apply to the catering industry are rigorously applied and enforced.
- To assist with the preparation of hot and cold food to a high standard, ensuring correct portion control procedures are in force
- To be the first point of contact for the service of hot and cold food and beverages.
- To work under pressure in order to meet tight and varied deadlines.
- To clean/clear food preparation/kitchen areas including dining areas, following Food Hygiene Standards and Regulations
- To ensure that the kitchen, kitchen equipment, stores and canteen are properly maintained at all times, complying to Food Hygiene Standards, Food Safety and Quality Control
- Washing up of all crockery, cutlery and utensils, cleaning and sanitising all kitchen equipment/area and dining hall
- Undertake training offered in regards to Kitchen/Food Health & Safety, Preparation/Cooking if needed
- To be flexible with schedule/starting finishing time
- To be able to work on the cashless tills
- To offer service in a helpful and courteous manner.
- The post holder should have the ability to form and maintain appropriate relationships and personal boundaries with children and young people, in safeguarding and promoting their welfare.
- To undertake any other duties assigned by the Headteacher, School Business Manager, Catering Manager or Senior staff acting on their behalf.
- To carry out all duties with due regard for Health and Safety regulations, the Council’s Equal Opportunities Policies and Environment Strategy
The post holder will be provided with basic items of uniform.
Food Hygiene certificate
- Previous experience of working as part of a team or in a catering environment would be an advantage.
- A proven record of working as part of a successful team.
- Excellent attendance and punctuality record.
- The ability to work without direct supervision within a team orientated environment, demonstrating a flexible approach.
- To follow instruction and procedures in order to work safely and efficiently.
- To be reliable and organised in your approach to work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, parents, pupils and the local community.
- To possess good interpersonal skills, with experience in dealing with people and a variety of situations.
- Willingness to learn other aspects of food production.
- Flexibility to work depending on business needs
9.00 am to 2.30 pm - 25 hrs per week 39 weeks per year - £11,286
These are permanent positions
Please note: If you do not hear from us within 7 - 10 days please assume that your application has been unsuccessful or the position has been filled.
- Food Hygiene
- Food Safety
- Interpersonal Skills
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"