Catering Assistant x3 - Great Notley Country Park
Please note that these roles are being offer as a permanent contract but on an as and when basis. We would expect you to be able to work 20 - 30 hours a week most weeks.
We hope to be able to have these position start for mid July 2020 and all interviews will be conducted via online, via Microsoft Teams/Virtual Interview.
Business Hours are: Mon - Fri 8am- 3pm and Sat - Sun 7am to 4pm with your hours being spread across these days and times.
Essex County Council (ECC) is one of the largest and most dynamic local authorities in the UK, serving a population of 2 million residents, and has a very successful track record of delivering transformational change. ECC anticipated change was needed in the public sector and has worked to deliver better quality at lower cost. We have an ambitious transformation agenda - one with the scope to reach every part of the council. We are changing the way we think, the way we work, and the ways in which we deliver our services. We are committed to becoming a place where individuals, partners and communities feel proud to play their role and genuinely want to belong. We're immensely proud of our flexible working options.
Based in the café at the Discovery Centre at Great Notley County Park, Catering Assistant will ensure a clean, safe, tidy and welcoming place for customers to consume food at one or more of the Essex Outdoors centres. Undertaking basic food preparation and processing in line with safe food processes and practices, complying at all times with food and health and safety requirements.
* Serving customers with drinks and food, preparing and/or cooking simple food and cold/hot drinks, in accordance with food safety regulations, to meet customer orders.
* Washing up, using a dishwasher, clearing tables, sweeping floors, cleaning equipment and structure deep cleaning, to ensure all health and safety standards are met.
* Responsible for identifying tasks within the range of Catering Assistant remit and ensuring these are completed to a high standard.
* Contribute to stocktaking, and stock movement to ensure stock and consumables are used and maintained correctly.
* Responsible for complying with all health and safety rules ensuring the proper use and care of protective clothing and equipment.
* Specific individual and shared targets and objectives are defined annually within the performance management framework.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Experience of working within a Catering environment, a level 1 or above qualification is desirable.
* Ability to develop skills and knowledge within role.
* Experience of delivering excellent customer service.
* Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
* Ability to prioritise own workload and work within a team.
- Shop Assistant
- Catering Assistant
- Shop staff
- Kitchen staff.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'