Do you enjoy working as part of a fast paced, passionate team? Do you enjoy helping people and want to provide great customer service? If so, this role could be for you.
This role is an hourly paid, fixed term role. Wherever possible we aim to offer a consistent working pattern, but it may be necessary for us to alter this pattern from time to time to suit the needs of the business.
What it's like to work here
Wallington is set in the middle of Northumberland approximately twenty miles north-west of the city of Newcastle upon Tyne. The house, at the south end of an estate which extends to nearly 13,500 acres, is surrounded by parkland and arable farmland watered by northern tributaries of the river Wansbeck. From the house the land rises to the estate village of Cambo, and then on to poorer upland grazing, peaking at Hemmel Hill in Harwood Forest (330 metres, 1083 ft) towards the north of the estate. Shaftoe Crag is prominent in southern views from the estate; to the east Rothley Crag, topped by a folly castle, guards the road to Scotland; and to the north and west are the Simonside Hills and the Cheviots. In its glorious countryside setting Wallington survives, one of the great estates of the north, owned by a single family, loved and embellished by succeeding owners for nine generations.
What you'll be doing
With your love of working with people, positive attitude and desire to provide an excellent service, you’ll welcome and look after every customer who visits our catering outlet, in this predominately front of house role. Using your excellent attention to detail, you'll ensure all signage is displayed correctly and the food served looks delicious.
As a key member of our busy catering team, you may also be required to help prepare some of our food in the kitchen. In whatever role you are fulfilling within your catering outlet, the National Trust values will always be at the forefront of your mind, and you'll be proud to share our good work with our customers, and look to maximise sales so that the profit can be reinvested back into our conservation work.
Please also read the full role profile, attached to this advert.
Who we're looking for
Our team believe that people deserve more than just 'good service’ but an amazing experience they’ll never forget, and we are looking for like-minded people to join us.
You'll need to be;
- Helpful and friendly
- Customer focussed with great communication skills
- Enthusiastic with a willingness to learn
- A team player but also have the ability to work on your own initiative
Looking after you
- Health cash plan - from as little as £2.81 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership
Looking after your career
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness
Unique to Us
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our retail and catering outlets
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job