Do you enjoy working as part of a fast paced, passionate team? Do you enjoy helping people and want to provide great customer service? If so, this role could be for you. To add to our existing catering team working a shift each weekend for a minimum of 6 hours per week all year around. More hours are available by mutual agreement during school vacations.
What it's like to work here
Fountains Abbey and Studley Royal is recognised by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site of outstanding international importance. Visitors have been drawn to this special place for hundreds of years, and the abbey ruins are one of the most iconic views in the North of England. But that's only one part of the story. The breath-taking water garden of Studley Royal is at the heart of the World Heritage Site, and it's a key focus for the team to raise its profile to be equal to that of the abbey.
Visitor experience is at the heart of what we do, and the team are rightly proud of their visitor enjoyment ratings. There is a busy annual programme of conservation and restoration work across the 800 acre site, and there are ambitious plans to develop the infrastructure at this popular property, which attracts over 600,000 visitors a year. This is a great place to work and an exciting time to join the friendly 75-member team and over 400 volunteers, who are looking for engaging customer-focused people who will bring energy and ideas to this vibrant property.
What you'll be doing
With your love of working with people, positive attitude and desire to provide an excellent service, you’ll welcome and look after every customer who visits our catering outlet, in this predominately front of house role. Using your excellent attention to detail, you'll ensure all signage is displayed correctly and the food served looks delicious.
As a key member of our busy catering team, you may also be required to help prepare some of our food in the kitchen. In whatever role you are fulfilling within your catering outlet, the National Trust values will always be at the forefront of your mind, and you'll be proud to share our good work with our customers, and look to maximise sales so that the profit can be reinvested back into our conservation work.
Who we're looking for
Our team believe that people deserve more than just 'good service’ but an amazing experience they’ll never forget, and we are looking for like-minded people to join us.
You'll need to be;
- Helpful and friendly
- Customer focussed with great communication skills
- Enthusiastic with a willingness to learn
- A team player but also have the ability to work on your own initiative
Looking after you
- Health cash plan - from as little as £2.81 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership
Looking after your career
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness
Unique to Us
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our retail and catering outlets
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking
- Communication Skills
- Ready to Learn
- Active Team Player
- Customer focussed
- Helpful & Friendly
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job