Compass Group and we are proud to be the official caterer at The All England Lawn Tennis Club (AELTC), one of the world’s most prestigious sporting venues which annually plays host to The Championships, Wimbledon. The AELTC is a private members’ club, catering year-round for its members, tourists visiting from across the globe, and everyone working behind the scenes to deliver this world-famous event.
Wimbledon is not just about the tennis; it is also a celebration of great food and drink. Here at Wimbledon, we are passionate about showcasing the very best of our British products, reflecting the heritage and history of the AELTC. Put simply, we strive to serve the best food and drink and employ the best staff to deliver a unique experience for our customers.
Want to be a part of Wimbledon? Interested in joining the team that makes it happen? Apply now for this exciting opportunity.
Hours 40 a week
Flexible 5 out of 7
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic Catering Assistant to join the Wingfield Café team at the All England Lawn Tennis Club.
The Wingfield Café is open year-round to visitors from around the world, tour groups and the local community.
Open daily, the café serves lunch and daily treats including sandwiches, salads, pastries, cakes and snacks, all freshly prepared using seasonal and local produce.
As the Catering Assistant, you will ensure that each customer visiting the Wingfield Café enjoys a memorable experience!
- Provide excellent customer service to all our guests
- Using, preparing and serving fresh seasonal produce
- Ensure the kitchen and dining areas are clean at all time
- Maintain stock levels and take responsibility for re-filling displays and counters
- Have excellent standards and presentation at all times
You will be working an average of 40 hours per week over a 7-day operation.
You will be enthusiastic, have a can-do attitude and have a good knowledge of service standards.
- Previous catering experience desirable but not essential - if you have a positive attitude and are willing to learn we will offer full training
- Being a food enthusiast and have a genuine interest in the catering industry
- Enthusiastic and passionate about customer service
- Be flexible with a positive can-do attitude
- Smart, polite and excellent verbal communication skills
Overall you will have bags of personality, enthusiasm and a can-do attitude. A real pride and passion for what you do is essential, with the ability to build rapport and long terms relationships with all our key stakeholders.
In return for your skills and dedication, we can offer a competitive salary and a host of great benefits from meals on duty, staff benefits, bespoke and continual training and support.
About the company
Levy Restaurants UK is the sports, leisure and hospitality sector of Compass Group UK& I and British partner to Levy Restaurants US. A hospitality market leader, Levy Restaurants provides individual character to each of its clients including Twickenham Experience, Tom’s Kitchen at Somerset House and The O2, through focusing on delicious food, great atmosphere and legendary service.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job