Solutions are looking for a number of catering assistants and kitchen porters to work in temporary ongoing assignments in the North East.
The role of a catering assistant is to help out in the kitchen and to be responsible for hygiene and cleanliness within food preparation areas. Catering assistants are also responsible for carrying out basic food preparation tasks, such as washing and peeling food. They are also likely to organise the store room, as well as being responsible for unloading deliveries from suppliers.
It is important that catering assistants are good communicators, not only to succeed in their contact with customers but also their co-workers. They must also be able to operate as part of a team, as they are likely to have to work alongside chefs, waitresses, and restaurant managers.
We also require kitchen porters.
Hours can vary, and shifts may be part time - normal hours are between 0600 - 0100and will include weekends.
The work environment is likely to be noisy and can be stressful at busy times, such as lunch and dinner.
- Cleaning the kitchen, including washing kitchen appliances, work surfaces, floors and walls.
- Carrying out basic food hygiene preparation tasks.
- Ensuring chefs are equipped with the food and tools they need.
- Helping the chef get ready for service by preparing food. Catering assistants may be expected to peel, trim or wash food so it is ready to be cooked.
- Loading and unloading the dishwasher
- Helping to serve meals to customers
- Counter service
- Waiting on tables
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job