CATERING ASSISTANTS - Danbury x4
Contract: Fixed term, 4 month annualised hours
Location: Danbury Outdoors Centre
Hours: Full time, 37 hours per week
Salary: £15,240 per annum (FTE) - £5,080 pro rata - £7.90 per hour
Essex Outdoors, Essex County Council's Outdoor Education Service, are looking for Catering Assistants to work in our Catering team
Catering Assistants will be customer facing and should possess a keen and can do attitude.
Working on one of our very busy sites and as part of a team you will assist Chefs and Cooks in providing quality meals for up to 400 residential visitors. You may be required to work morning and/or afternoon shifts on a 5 out of 7 day rota basis
You will assist the Chefs and Catering Manager in the production, serving and cleaning of all aspects in the operation of ensuring all food hygiene and health and safety rules and regulations are adhered to.
You will deal with customers on a regular basis and respond to their needs in order to maintain exceptional service levels at all times.
A team player attitude is required to help assist the Centre in achieving increased results through improved sales, reduced costs and ensuring consistent and reliable service is achieved and maintained for all our customers.
Experience in catering for high numbers would be an advantage.
* Responsible for cleaning of designated areas to a hygienic condition
* Responsible for basic preparation and cooking of food
* To ensure that facilities are as clean as reasonably practicable and adequately stocked
* To maintain a high standard of personal and general cleanliness and hygiene to comply with statutory regulations.
* To use of powered cleaning and catering equipment in accordance with the relevant safety requirements
As part of employment with Essex County Council (ECC) should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please visit: https://dbs-update-service
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees, including:
* A local government pension scheme (LGPS), a career average scheme with employee and employer contributions
* Annual leave entitlement of a minimum of 25 days per year (depending upon grade and length of service)
* Purchase of additional annual leave (up to agreed limits)
* Flexible working arrangements (for most roles but depending upon service requirements)
* Discounted shopping through a dedicated Reward Portal (including discounts at major supermarkets)
* Training and development and payment of professional fees (approved professions only)
* Employee assistance programme provided in-house (wellbeing and counselling provision)
* Childcare vouchers, through salary sacrifice
Please note ECC regularly reviews its reward and benefits)
Working for Essex welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Working for Essex is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
- Catering Assistant
- 0 hours
- Essex Outdoors
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job